Is BD's section locked down indefinitely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

hairdewx

Reaction score
So taking donations on someone else work is okay then?

I am a developer and I don't take kindly to people taking work as their own whether it's open source or not (this has happened to me before). It's really a problem when your given no recognition or credit and the other person on top of that ask for donations for "his" sweat and tears.

Is that any different than they guys who jailbreak or root phones on Craigslist?

Those guys are wrong too. See most of John Q Public is to lazy to do the research to learn how to jailbreak their phones. Most people get frustrated when they run into the slightest bump in the road. I see it here at my job all the time. Everyone comes to me to jailbreak their iDevices and Android phones because they don't have the patients to learn how to do it. So the guys on Craigslist take advantage of that. If most people just took their time they could get the tools for free and do it themselves.

I actually don't see that as wrong. I see it as recognizing a demand and smartly taking advantage of it.

aldeghij

Reaction score
Moderators and censorship? Yeah, I have heard that one before...as a mod for a photo site, I get accused of the same thing. I have to give the mods here some kudos, I know what it's like. There is nothing worse then members who spam, flame, post content that is against the ToU and RoE (Rules of Etiquette) and then, when they get in trouble, they ask "What did I do that was so bad?" Over where I moderate, we just straight up ban for repeated offenses. There is a warning, and then if it's done again, they get the boot. We have a team of 8 admins on a site with nearly 40,000 members and 1,000,000 images, so managing that has it's moments. As a mod, I don't have time for adults that act like children, and post things to cause trouble. I have to applaud the mods/site owners here for restricting/forbidding posts on politics, or religion, the site I am on doesn't do that (the site's owner insists on having an "open" forum) Every day, we are moving, and or closing threads on religion or politics, because after about 3rd or 4th post, they turn into flame wars, and name calling festivals. It takes away from what the site is about, and opens the door to massive trolling.

So, you want to accuse mods of censorship? Not censorship, it's called "enforcing the rules".

You dont have to quote enforcing the rules, unless of course your implying they are not "enforcing the rules" lol

Enforcing the rules is important , yes but tons of people have downloaded the v10 VIA THIS FORUM, and now have no access to any support. And were promised some word about a resolution last night.... approaching 24 hrs now and still nothing. Just glad my v10 works! Lots of empty promises.

Logan3824

Reaction score
Moderators and censorship? Yeah, I have heard that one before...as a mod for a photo site, I get accused of the same thing. I have to give the mods here some kudos, I know what it's like. There is nothing worse then members who spam, flame, post content that is against the ToU and RoE (Rules of Etiquette) and then, when they get in trouble, they ask "What did I do that was so bad?" Over where I moderate, we just straight up ban for repeated offenses. There is a warning, and then if it's done again, they get the boot. We have a team of 8 admins on a site with nearly 40,000 members and 1,000,000 images, so managing that has it's moments. As a mod, I don't have time for adults that act like children, and post things to cause trouble. I have to applaud the mods/site owners here for restricting/forbidding posts on politics, or religion, the site I am on doesn't do that (the site's owner insists on having an "open" forum) Every day, we are moving, and or closing threads on religion or politics, because after about 3rd or 4th post, they turn into flame wars, and name calling festivals. It takes away from what the site is about, and opens the door to massive trolling.

So, you want to accuse mods of censorship? Not censorship, it's called "enforcing the rules".

You dont have to quote enforcing the rules, unless of course your implying they are not "enforcing the rules" lol

Enforcing the rules is important , yes but tons of people have downloaded the v10 VIA THIS FORUM, and now have no access to any support. And were promised some word about a resolution last night.... approaching 24 hrs now and still nothing. Just glad my v10 works! Lots of empty promises.

Yeah I have no problems what so ever on my v10 which is good....And I'm buyin' the 2nd round!

DRINK DRINK DRINK!:beer2::beer2::beer2:

KingTee

Reaction score
I just don't understand why credit is more important than the cause.

Its because of the time that's put into creating a ROM. It's like if you had a project at school or work that you put a lot of time into and then one of your classmates or coworkers came in and took all of the credit for the ideas that you came up with you'd be pissed.
Thats why recording artists get mad when someone uses there music without asking or getting the okay.

I believe those are different situations because there is something at stake, such as grades, promotions, and money.

Certainly ROM makers are not in it for the money. (at least I hope not! ;) ) I would hope that they would be in it because they want to get better performance out of their phones and they want to share it with others.

If credit was more important then getting the best ROMs out there, then maybe they are doing it for the wrong reasons IMHO...

Yea those are different situations but i was just throwing those out there just for comparison. I lot of ROM makers are not in it for the money and in the beginning cyanogen was one of them. We used to tell him all the time on XDA-Developers that he should take donations because of all the time he spent making our G-1's better. He used to refuse all the time and i still don't know if he does now.
I kind of left the android scene for a while and got an iDevice but the droid brought me back so i don't know what has happened since then.

The credit thing started a log time ago and was gong on even in my Windows Mobile days. Its just giving acknowledgment to those who have created something that have made our devices better for us.

TimChgo9

Reaction score

I wanted to put emphasis, shoulda italicized, bolded, or underlined.....
...it's called enforcing the rules

there, that's better. Didn't mean to imply that they are not enforcing the rules.....

itsfriggenme

Reaction score
You know what that means. KEGs!

"Come toss aside the madness and drink til it feels good!"
+1

"Everybody, drinks all around" :icon_ banana:

+2
toooooooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooort

+3..

Im with you guys.. BTW,, rooted 2.0.1 rock on.. .01p baseband..
And this is how I spend my time..

And bring on the dancing girls.... Wooooott
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Reaction score

Yeah I have no problems what so ever on my v10 which is good....And I'm buyin' the 2nd round!

DRINK DRINK DRINK!:beer2::beer2::beer2:
thats the spirit :D

KingTee

Reaction score
Is that any different than they guys who jailbreak or root phones on Craigslist?

Those guys are wrong too. See most of John Q Public is to lazy to do the research to learn how to jailbreak their phones. Most people get frustrated when they run into the slightest bump in the road. I see it here at my job all the time. Everyone comes to me to jailbreak their iDevices and Android phones because they don't have the patients to learn how to do it. So the guys on Craigslist take advantage of that. If most people just took their time they could get the tools for free and do it themselves.

I actually don't see that as wrong. I see it as recognizing a demand and smartly taking advantage of it.

I understand were your coming from and that's why i started charging people at my job lol. A lot of time i was doing it for free, but some of them kept comming back time and time again for me to do their phones and other peoples phones. I recognized the demand and started taking advantage. If they would have just took the time to learn like i did then they could have saved some money.

Logan3824

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Black Droid. He said he will no longer be creating Ultimate Droid ROMs and has decided to take an indefinite leave.

Gay. That's all I have to say....Guess I'll have to wait for BB 1.0 >_>:angry::mad:

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Black Droid. He said he will no longer be creating Ultimate Droid ROMs and has decided to take an indefinite leave. He will officially announce this on IRC tonight at 8.

Just got off the phone with Black Droid. He said he will no longer be creating Ultimate Droid ROMs and has decided to take an indefinite leave.

Gay. That's all I have to say....Guess I'll have to wait for BB 1.0 >_>:angry::mad:
wait for an OFFICIAL announcement before getting upset.

Reaction score
Have you guys not read the rules here?????

NO DRINKING ALLOWED!!!!

WITHOUT INVITING ME!!!

Ok, who's buying??? :D
we already got the keg's :D time to join the party

and we all know that you can't have parties without...

these guys :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Just got off the phone with Black Droid. He said he will no longer be creating Ultimate Droid ROMs and has decided to take an indefinite leave. He will officially announce this on IRC tonight at 8.

We are working at confirming this statement.
I will Post back asap !
Until then, I am going to leave this in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.