1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is BB 0.5 Delayed for Official Release

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by PearlMikeJam, Jul 28, 2010.

1. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam New Member

Since Froyo is said to be out for the Droid next week, is Pete delaying 0.5 for the official release?
  2. caneum

caneum New Member

Is this a question or statement?

I think this is a question, but wanted to verify.
  3. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

I'm willing to bet Pete already has the base for Bb.5. Once the official OTA update is out there might be a Bb.6. Well that is going by past history, which is a good indicator of the future. Purely speculation though.
  4. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

Its been a month of no BB release :(
  5. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam New Member

I was initially thinking that, but given the gap in between releases, I do not expect so many iterations. I suspect he is getting the base ready with all his new tweaks, and then will layer that into the official release once the dump is available.
  6. justicw

justicw New Member

Yea I know I miss my BB fix ::starts shaking::
  7. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Why not just start flashing some different roms to see what else is out there while your waiting? Luckily you don't marry ROM's, so go ahead, sleep around.
  8. techwizard08

techwizard08 New Member

I would imagine many of the forum users have tried other ROMs, perhaps they just happen to have found something they enjoy.

Obviously you can try Chevy, or JRummy, or any number of developers, all of whom bring their own twist to our Droid experience. But if they want to stick with one they enjoy, let 'em wait for Pete's next release.

Speaking of which, my theory is that Pete is working on never before seen droid tricks, like having it order the kind of chinese food I like, or battle Google's new "let apps ping whenever" technology ;)
  9. drkow19

drkow19 New Member

Do we even know if FRG01 is not the official release? Sure, it was leaked early but it could be the one that makes it through all the testing, no? In this case I would already be running the official release and Pete should be well on his way to making his best Bugless yet.
  10. dB Zac

dB Zac New Member

fallow him on twitter, all you questions shall be answered
  11. wricks

wricks Premium Member Premium Member

To paraphrase the old Bartels and James wine slogan:

"He will post no ROM before it's time".

Dear God, I have really dated myself with that one!
  12. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

He has an X and I think he was spending some time with that. So that may be the case...
  13. bad4u

bad4u New Member

Once there is an official OTA it will become 1.0 since it will no longer be a RC
  14. Moondonkey

Moondonkey New Member

He has not forgotten the original Big Daddy Droid.

He is still developing for it. Give the kid a break... let him enjoy his summer a bit. He will release .5 or 1.0 when it is ready.

I will be flashing to the new BB when it comes out, buy for now, I have been enjoying spending some time once again with Cyanogen/Koush's latest release.
  15. DeckerForceUSA

DeckerForceUSA New Member

I hear that. Just yesterday I downloaded CM6 RC2, Kangerade 6 and InsanelyClean 1.3. Tried out CM6 and InsanelyClean but ended up with BB at the end of the day (it was a pretty long day). Still got Kangerade to experience before V0.5 pops up.
  16. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

sounds like you need to go get you some ultimate droid extreme so you can really fall in love with your droid....new release tonight its supposed to be a epic experience!!!

17. C3PIO

C3PIO New Member

Well let me tell you I have been running the ''leaked'' sapphire release since yesterday and Im loving what this people have done with this rom so this will keep me busy till .5 or 1 or whatever next BB version pops out
  18. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th New Member

From my experiences...

I got bored today these are my findings I didn't try every Kernel I could find only the ones I was interested in and some of the more popular flavors of Froyo. I wanted to compare them to see which one (on my droid with different kernels) would have the best out put through Quadrant. Each got a fresh wipe, Turned off sync to prevent downloading more applications. Installed Quadrant and TasKiller. I used TasKiller to close all open and running instances of any program (including the Home application) and tried Quadrant on each ROM and Kernel. Each got two runs the highest score was posted, these are my findings:

Frist off I can't believe how easily these Roms and Kernels installed, in the past I've have numerous problems getting Ultra Low Voltage kernels to work with MY droid, but the Low and Standard Voltages never had a problem, I'm glad that for today it decided to behave itself some what. I normally run a Bugless Beast v0.4 Setup with a NexTang theme port, a few custom fonts and a 1.2 LV Kernel. I wanted to see what else the community had to offer me :D Also it seems there was an update to the Quadrant program, the second 3D rendering seems to have a LOT of tearing in it :/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cyanogen Mod 6 (Stock) - 767 (103 mb free ram)

P3Droid 1.25 lv CM6 - 1149
    P3Droid 1.2 lV CM6 - 1095

ChevyNo1 1.25 ulv CM6 - 1251
    ChevyNo1 1.2 ulv CM6 - 1123

Solid, Fast loading, Homescreen options, Low Clock speeds

Succulent Desire 7 (Woodyman Theme) - 894 (112 mb free ram)

P3Droid 1.25 lv SD - 1271
    P3Droid 1.2 lv SD - 1258

ChevyNo1 1.25 ulv SD - 1351
    ChevyNo1 1.2 ulv SD - 1317

I kept getting low battery errors on this ROM with the 1.2 ULV Kernel, I ALWAYS leave my droid unplugged while running tests, unfortunately this one seemed to be a little Fubarred, but I managed. I don't know if having it plugged in has any affect on load or anything I just know the battery gets hot when I charger it and I like to keep it cool when I run tests. Overall experience, solid no shutdowns or reboots, fast, decent clock speeds.

***Note: I wanted the Soma theme for this rom but it seems to be broken :(***

Simply Stunning 4.5 (stock) - 1118 (113 mb free ram)

P3Droid 1.25 lv SS - 1274
    P3Droid 1.2 lv SS - 1236

ChevyNo1 1.25 ulv SS - Bootloop :(
    ChevyNo1 1.2 ulv SS - Bootloop :(

ChevyNo1 1.25 lv SS - 1373
    ChevyNo1 1.2 lv SS - 1356

The boot screen doesn't appear to be as crisp as the others, perhaps the boot animation needs some tweaking.

Now this is something peculiar. I am able to run ChevyNo1 ULV Kernels on other Roms but not on Chevy's when they are MADE for Simply Stunning... Low Stability, complications running ULV Kernels, High clock speeds, sometimes does not acquire "service" from carrier.

***Note: This Rom comes shipped with a 1.0 LV Kernel (hence the higher first clock).***

Bugless Beast v0.4 (Stock) - 1142 (126 mb free ram)

P3Droid 1.25 lv BB - 1293
    P3Droid 1.2 lv BB - 1255

ChevyNo1 1.25 ulv BB - Bootloop :(
    ChevyNo1 1.2 ulv BB - 1431

***Note: This rom comes with a 800 mHz Kernel.***

I have little problems ever running Bugless Beast, no hangs or bootloops or problems running applications. Very stable and highly recommended. Had problems running the 1.25 Kernels, I did not have problems running 1.25 kernels on previous Bugless Beast versions, I wonder why I have kernel problems with this one..
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  19. B3y0ndD34th

B3y0ndD34th New Member

there's not really a LOT you can do with the Droid X, with the eFuse technology, they did manage to get Root on it though so I imagine it's all just a matter of time before things get under way.

I decided to play around today before I even read any of these posts you can see my previous post for my experiences. I'm not exactly sure what I'm gonna do as of yet but I know I'm definitely waiting on BBV0.5 to drop sometime.

In the mean time I guess I will continue breaking my droid and fixing it :D
  20. Raven1r44

Raven1r44 New Member

I find it funny there are so many people saying they need their BB fix, waiting for the newest versions to come out.... v .4 is effing bad ass! if you need a "flashing" fix, try some other Dev's roms out while you are waiting. also, it seems to me that the idea would be for a singular, solid, stable, fast rom release to be put out, flash that one to your phone and customize it, and then go about using your phone like its meant to be used and not have to be testing different buggy versions all kinds.