Is Archos dead?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I have an Archos 10.1 that seemed to work pretty nicely for the first 3 weeks then it died! Trying to get a replacement or refund (hopefully refund). I would not recomend this product at all. First thoughs of it was, this is cool. Just like my motorola Droid but without the phone and much larger for my old eyes to see. Nice portable option for computing during travel then it wazzed out on me and currently sits dead.

Plug in the power cable (make sure you're putting it in the power port and NOT the headphone jack as it will fit in both but one one charges, obviously). If it still doesn't boot after a few seconds press and hold the power button for 20sec. I have had mine for quite a while now and there are times where it seems dead. These two things have fixed it every time.

Plus no matter which brand you buy, there will always be a few that have a defect. So i wouldn't rush to steer away potential buyers just because yours died (if it is truly dead after you try the above mentioned fixes)

Jer

Reaction score
I have an Archos 10.1 that seemed to work pretty nicely for the first 3 weeks then it died! Trying to get a replacement or refund (hopefully refund). I would not recomend this product at all. First thoughs of it was, this is cool. Just like my motorola Droid but without the phone and much larger for my old eyes to see. Nice portable option for computing during travel then it wazzed out on me and currently sits dead.

Plug in the power cable (make sure you're putting it in the power port and NOT the headphone jack as it will fit in both but one one charges, obviously). If it still doesn't boot after a few seconds press and hold the power button for 20sec. I have had mine for quite a while now and there are times where it seems dead. These two things have fixed it every time.

Plus no matter which brand you buy, there will always be a few that have a defect. So i wouldn't rush to steer away potential buyers just because yours died (if it is truly dead after you try the above mentioned fixes)

That too. I know several people personally who have had issues with their iPad and one person who had a bunk ZOOM (XOOM?) so any platform can have issues. I know that for your dollar it's pretty tough to beat the features found in the Archos 101 even all these months after it's been out.

OP
patfactorx

patfactorx

Reaction score
BTW has anyone heard of Archos releasing any new tablets or anything in the pipeline?