Is Apss2SD worth it?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
With 8GB of storage on the D2G(insert any such phone with more then just 2-3 GB of onboard storage) is there really any point to running apps2sd? On my old phone I had to because there wasnt enough on board storage for all my apps but with the D2G having 8GB, I cant ever see how I would use all 8GB, so is there really nay advantage to apps2sd on such a phone?

javaman70

Reaction score
With that much room there is no real reason to run app2sd.

Sent from Droid Running Liquid's LGB 1.65

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I have to agree personally, but just wondered if there was any advantage of Apss2Sd I was missing. I would say it would prevent a restore if say you need to SBF back to stock then reflash a rom, but in my experience, this just causes problems and the partition need to be formatted anyways.

Beardface

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't even know what the point to Apps2SD is. 90% of the time, when you go to move an app to the SD card, only a small fraction of it moves over. The amount is so small that it kind of defeats its own purpose.

I mean, you can have a 5MB app on your phone, go to move it to the SD card and only 1MB moves. At that point, why even do it.

javaman70

Reaction score
I use link2sd which moves almost everything.

Sent from Droid Running Liquid's LGB 1.65

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
its pointless not only does it only move a portion of the file the chance for corrupted files increases exponentially, plus the app runs slower then it would if stored on the phone.

OP
Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
its pointless not only does it only move a portion of the file the chance for corrupted files increases exponentially, plus the app runs slower then it would if stored on the phone.
I have to disagree that it is completely pointless in all cases. I just came from a Moto Backflip. When all was said and done, it left about 700 MB of usable storage. Without apps2sd my phone was crippled in terms of usable space. With Darktremorers A2SD script,since all the roms except one were eclair, and that one was still in beta stages when I left, I cant recall exactly how it broke things up but basically the apks were stored on the internal memory while the actual data like game saves and such were saved to the SD card, or perhaps it was vice versa. Maybe a combo of both, but regardless with out apps2sd it constantly reported low storage in the notification bar and it drove me nuts. At times I just barley ran out of room with out it towards the end of my use.