Is anyone using Adamz low voltage 800 kernel on ese81?

Discussion in 'Adamz' started by nateccnn, Apr 20, 2010.

1. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I used RSDLite to flash SPRecovery onto my stock 2.1 ESE81 today. I then used SDK Tools and Terminal emulator to install Busybox and Super USer apk. Followed the instructions posted to Root the OTA 2.1.

I then installed Adamz low voltage 800 mhz kernel. When I go into SetCPU and set it to 800 the phone won't go past 550 mhz and the SetCPU widget reports max speed of 384...even though the slide bar inside the app shows 800...and the title bar in the app says 550 max.

So I played around and found if I set the slide bar to 700 it allows the phone to run at 700. And I have to say that 700 feels just as snappy as 800 did when I was running the Smoked Glass ESE53 rom. I'm real happy with the results. just a little dumbfounded at how it is acting.

Anyone else have an experience with Adamz LV 800 kernel on the OTA 2.1 ESE81? Not talking about hacked version of the 2.1 like Pete's that he did in class.

Nate

#1 nateccnn, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  2. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Just in case anyone cares...it works.

Nate (who's flying again!)

Edit: I stumbled across this post and thought I should add some information to it. The problem between SetCPU and Adamz kernel disappeared. I ran it for about 7 hours set at 700 as mentioned above. When I went home that night I slid the slidder back to 800 and it worked just like it was supposed to work. Only thing I can figure was there was something in the cache left over from when I was running Smoked Glass ROM and it worked itself out by re-writting the cache. I even reinstalled the kernel with the 900 setting and it worked flawlessly. So if you're contemplating putting Adamz kernel under the 2.1 OTA I say go for it. My little issue posted above is apperantly a non-issue.

Nate

#2 nateccnn, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010