Is anyone the tiniest bit jealous of the iPhone 4s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dropped my x a million times and when I sold it on eBay the customer couldn't believe how nice I kept the phone. It had no scratches.

The new iPhone is delicate. Drop it the wrong way and it'll shatter.

lol, you're saying if you drop your x "the wrong way" that it won't shatter?

huskur

Reaction score
so you're going to stick with iphone users just don't know? i think logic is the flaw in your theory...

I was/have been a droid owner since day one of the OG droid. I know about widgets ............ i just need a phone with a good camera and works well. I have another upgrade in 8 months. I will make judgement then and decide to stay with iOS or back to Android. To say iphone owners don't know about widgets is rediculous.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, you're saying if you drop your x "the wrong way" that it won't shatter?

My Droid X1 had been with me since July 2010. Drops here n there and all it had was a few light scratches on the screens, scuffs on the corners.....until.....

I let my GF borrow it Feb-Mr 2011, for what turned out to be almost 9 months. Whatever she did to it....I got 2 black spots on the screen over the 7 and 9 on the phone dial pad...I assume alot of time in the voice messages made it happen. Maybe she wasnt used to a capacitive screen so she was pressing hard for no reason. Now it has a HUGE crack in the screen at the top left corner of the phone, the rubber or metal covering the mic on the front of the phone is gone. Looks like she's been throwing it instead of dropping it...lol.

Still works like a champ....but I know that it isnt indestructible. We have to stop trying to exaggerate when it comes to these devices...whether its durability, screens, ease of use, hard to use, etc.

And since I heard from a few fellow Android folks on here that the iPhone 4S has very good reception.....its got my interest again. I will just switch to a family plan and test some of these phones myself. With all the 4G issues going on....I'm wasting my time with 4G. And the area I live in is so bad for reception its almost not worth it. Really like everything else about the RAZR tho..reception and battery life.

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Droid X1 had been with me since July 2010. Drops here n there and all it had was a few light scratches on the screens, scuffs on the corners.....until.....

I let my GF borrow it Feb-Mr 2011, for what turned out to be almost 9 months. Whatever she did to it....I got 2 black spots on the screen over the 7 and 9 on the phone dial pad...I assume alot of time in the voice messages made it happen. Maybe she wasnt used to a capacitive screen so she was pressing hard for no reason. Now it has a HUGE crack in the screen at the top left corner of the phone, the rubber or metal covering the mic on the front of the phone is gone. Looks like she's been throwing it instead of dropping it...lol.

Still works like a champ....but I know that it isnt indestructible. We have to stop trying to exaggerate when it comes to these devices...whether its durability, screens, ease of use, hard to use, etc.

And since I heard from a few fellow Android folks on here that the iPhone 4S has very good reception.....its got my interest again. I will just switch to a family plan and test some of these phones myself. With all the 4G issues going on....I'm wasting my time with 4G. And the area I live in is so bad for reception its almost not worth it

Yes I agree, the phones are built well but you can shatter any phone if you drop it

eric.scheman

Reaction score
Never be jealous of over priced crap that yuppies need to have to match their gray wall and modern/ retro furniture. You just pay for that stupid name

Last edited:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are undoubtedly people who buy Apple just to have the little fruit on their tech product but I would bet anything those people are in the vast minority of Apple product owners. Not only that Android is now the overwhelming number 1 in market share, so really who has the most sheep now? If hipster yuppies are buying Apple products for the status symbol then all the android fanboys are still living in their parents basement playing Dungeons and Dragons and World of Warcraft and buying Android phones because they think it makes them look smart.......see what I did there.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never be jealous of over procedure crap that yuppies need to have to match their gray wall and modern/ retro furniture. You just pay for that stupid name

So lets say I get the 4S and test it against my Droid X1 ...and phone reception turns out to be better on the 4S.....turns out to be better than my RAZR.....am I really just paying for the name? Even if thats the case I still have a choice to make.....

I have to believe the iPhone has a lil more going for it than just the name....

Just like ppl that switch between Android phones....look at ppl that had an Android for a good amount of time and switched or use an iPhone too. I think its more than just the name or status with some ppl. Never believed iPhone users were sheep. If thats the case there are some Android, Blackberry, WP7, etc. sheep too.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
So lets say I get the 4S and test it against my Droid X1 ...and phone reception turns out to be better on the 4S.....turns out to better than my RAZR.....am I really just paying for the name?

Just like ppl that switch between Android phones....look at ppl that had an Android for a good amount of time and switched or use an iPhone too. I think its more than just the name or status with some ppl. Never believed iPhone users were sheep. If thats the case there are some Android, Blackberry, WP7, etc. sheep too.

it's true, every major product, sports team, shoot any major inanimate object ever is going to have a blind following but to just pass everyone off as part of that is......well just downright ridiculous.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dropped my x a million times and when I sold it on eBay the customer couldn't believe how nice I kept the phone. It had no scratches.

The new iPhone is delicate. Drop it the wrong way and it'll shatter.

Again, you're just talking BS. You basically said that the iphone will shatter if dropped the wrong way, yet the Droid X wont. Sorry buddy. Motorola's hardware isn't as good as the Moto faithful claim. Except maybe the OG.

I'm the only one of my friends with an X. Pretty much all my friends have iPhones. Only 2 have screwed up their screens and the stories behind both are hilarious. Also, you can pay like $20 for a new iPhone screen and easily swap it out compared to the X.

X

huskur

Reaction score
Never be jealous of over priced crap that yuppies need to have to match their gray wall and modern/ retro furniture. You just pay for that stupid name

Are you kidding me? Overpriced? Do a comparison of outright pricing on a iphone 4s and a competitor like the razor. Almost exactly the same.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again, you're just talking BS. You basically said that the iphone will shatter if dropped the wrong way, yet the Droid X wont. Sorry buddy. Motorola's hardware isn't as good as the Moto faithful claim. Except maybe the OG.

I'm the only one of my friends with an X. Pretty much all my friends have iPhones. Only 2 have screwed up their screens and the stories behind both are hilarious. Also, you can pay like $20 for a new iPhone screen and easily swap it out compared to the X.

Anyways, android fan or not, the iPhone is a nice phone. It just doesn't complete all my wants and needs. I do recommend it to my friends who want something simple though. But I do warn them that it is more expensive in the long run. ITunes, insurance, deductables, all more expensive due to it being an Apple device.

X

I could say the opposite. Most of my friends have the iPhone 4 and quite a few of them have cracked or shattered screens from relatively small drops. My friend Guillermo however somehow ran over his iPhone and it came out perfect. He had an otter box case on, but still. Not sure how that's even possible.

Moto's hardware is still very good and more durable than the iPhone whether new phones are as durable as the of Droid or not. But I mean, so are HTC phones ala, the Rezound. But iPhones are made all around with glass so it makes sense that they're not as durable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hehe. I love seeing this thread. My brother's girlfriend got an iPhone and was getting ready to activate it. She was telling me about all the features she would have that I wouldn't.

She was most excited about Siri. I told her I could have that too and downloaded Personal Assistant.

She told me about cloud storage. I showed her Google Music.

She was amazed that my Nexus had all the things her new iPhone would. The best part? Her iPhone STILL isn't activated. She's been having issues with it getting to *228. Lol. She is contemplating taking it back for an Android.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
From personal experience, Personal Assistant is close but is not as encompassing as Siri. They are making progress with it but it isn't there yet. As far as activation, that is probably a Verizon issue, not the iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.