Is anyone the tiniest bit jealous of the iPhone 4s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

William_04_x

Reaction score
This is what you get with no Kevlar. LOL

[video=youtube;B489u_1ZBIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B489u_1ZBIA[/video]

flamepanther

Reaction score
Well that's my point. Of course marketing and familiarity is important but you don't have sales like Apple if the quality is not there. Specs are the least important factor, because specs are only for people on forums like these to argue about. Specs have zero to do with quality. I agree that Apple knows how to market, they know what their customers want, and their sales prove that. What I don't agree with is some people's insinuation that a smaller screen or lower specs somehow means the iPhone is a "fail" or low quality or something. It's not. Android users love to say consumers love choice, and they are continuing to choose the iPhone in droves over any individual android phone (and there are several android phones that blow the iPhone away from a specs perspective). At some point, "familiarity" and "good advertising" has to concede to quality. It's nonsensical to think otherwise, IMO. It's hyperbole, yes, that however doesn't make it any less crazy. The problem with this, that no one who says those things will admit, is that Android users do the same thing. There is ​a subculture of Android fans whose sole purpose is to downplay everything that Apple does, and immediately dismiss anything they do as a fail (all the while spamming the boards looking for Siri alternatives). My stance has always been, and still is, that both sides have fanatics and both sides have people who actually see what it really is. Like I said the numbers don't lie. iPhone benchmarks show that it destroys every other smartphone in existence. When things like that are brought up people compare 4G android data speeds to iPhones 3G speeds as some sort of victory. It makes no sense. Apple does plenty of things well, and they often are the ones who inspire innovation, and on the same page Android OEMs inspire Apple. My issue has always been those who refuse to admit that Apple makes a quality product, when every metric out there says otherwise. That's just as fanatic and cult like as the so called iSheep.
Except that what you're saying still isn't true for the reason you're saying it is. A company can sell TONS of a poor quality product if other conditions are right. It could even be the worst product on the market. Apple makes a quality product, but sales say ABSOLUTELY nothing about that without any other data. You'd need at least some kind of customer survey to even start to make that claim. And yes, there are Android fanboys, but even then they have to at least consider which of the many competing Android products to support. They can't just dismiss 99% of the market out of hand like a lot of consumers do when they buy an iPhone.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Except that what you're saying still isn't true for the reason you're saying it is. A company can sell TONS of a poor quality product if other conditions are right. It could even be the worst product on the market. Apple makes a quality product, but sales say ABSOLUTELY nothing about that without any other data. You'd need at least some kind of customer survey to even start to make that claim. And yes, there are Android fanboys, but even then they have to at least consider which of the many competing Android products to support. They can't just dismiss 99% of the market out of hand like a lot of consumers do when they buy an iPhone.

What in your opinion is a real life example of a poor quality product that is extremely successful? (Besides the iPhone, of course)

hustlinjoe

Reaction score
Wow the iPhone sucks why are u even discussing this on a Droid forum ?? If u think its so amazing go join the Hipster bandwagon and get one ..they are overpriced pieces of garbage ..and they will never be able too compete with android especially with the new nexus coming out that's like god coming from heaven too visit ...bottom line Godly

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

flamepanther

Reaction score
What in your opinion is a real life example of a poor quality product that is extremely successful? (Besides the iPhone, of course)

McDonald's and Walmart are the usual examples, in the sense that complaints about quality are overwhelmingly widespread even among frequent customers, and yet they dominate their respective markets in spite of it. Certain versions of Microsoft Windows could also qualify. Other examples abound but are less obvious since consumers usually *think* they are getting a superior product. My personal suggestions would also include Monster cables, PlayStation 2, and many post-AWE32 SoundBlaster products.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Wow the iPhone sucks why are u even discussing this on a Droid forum ?? If u think its so amazing go join the Hipster bandwagon and get one ..they are overpriced pieces of garbage ..and they will never be able too compete with android especially with the new nexus coming out that's like god coming from heaven too visit ...bottom line Godly

Um... Because it's a free country. Relax.

D2CM7.1

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

are you 9 years old?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
McDonald's and Walmart are the usual examples, in the sense that complaints about quality are overwhelmingly widespread even among frequent customers, and yet they dominate their respective markets in spite of it. Certain versions of Microsoft Windows could also qualify. Other examples abound but are less obvious since consumers usually *think* they are getting a superior product. My personal suggestions would also include Monster cables, PlayStation 2, and many post-AWE32 SoundBlaster products.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ok that's fair, but the market for McDonald's and the market for iPhone is obviously quite different, no? I guess my point is it sounds wholly ridiculous to me that people suggest that there are all these "better" (subjective) devices out there, which are available to everyone who wants one, but somehow the "poorer quality" device is not just outselling all the others, but destroying all the others not just in sales, but in benchmarks too. You can't just dismiss that as "familiarity". Would you accept it if I said, "Oh android just has marketshare cuz people know about it now, it actually sucks"? Like I said, you cannot deny what the benchmarks have shown. The iPhone smokes every android phone (including the 4G phones) in existence, and not by a close margin. So what determines "quality"? That's why I asked you if it's specs alone. Because if it is specs alone, then yes, the iPhone loses, and loses badly. But if it's sales and performance the iPhone wins...hands down.

My point is arguments like these always come down to "iPhone sucks, Android rules", or somebody rattling off specs that fall short when it comes to benchmarks. So if sales don't determine quality, and benchmarks don't determine quality, then what else is left? That's an honest question. What would you say determines quality. If it's specs, why is iPhone outperforming all the other phones (save the Galaxy Nexus, which I think may in fact be the iPhone killer everyone has been waiting for for 4 years provided they can get some traction in advertising).

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, after both the Razr and especially the Galaxy Nexus reveals today I am in no way, shape, or form jealous of anything that Apple has to offer currently. They have been highly and efficiently one-upped. Long live Android.

I gotta agree....the nexus will be my next phone...well worth the two year wait

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Nexus looked amazing.

The camera was instant, the screen was beautiful and the largest HD screen to ever be used on a phone and ICS had a lot of great improvements.

It has it all.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
is nobody else a little underwhelmed by the Nexus? not that it's bad by any means, but besides the nice/big screen, I don't see anything drastically new or different that doesn't appear to be, dare I say, kanged from either a current app or another OS.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
is nobody else a little underwhelmed by the Nexus? not that it's bad by any means, but besides the nice/big screen, I don't see anything drastically new or different that doesn't appear to be, dare I say, kanged from either a current app or another OS.

To me they took some features from some roms and made them stock, which is awesome, IMO. And they did make the camera more like the iPhone's which is also a big win for me. Plus the phone seemed to be very responsive. I loved the new UI.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
To me they took some features from some roms and made them stock, which is awesome, IMO. And they did make the camera more like the iPhone's which is also a big win for me. Plus the phone seemed to be very responsive. I loved the new UI.

I didn't actually see the vids, just read the live blog with pictures and feature discussions... maybe that would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.