Is Anyone running this phone stock and unrooted??

mykl376

Reaction score
I'm all stock, never rooted. This is also my first Android/Smartphone. I messed around with my LG enVtouch so I could tether it to my computer via USB, but I don't really feel the need to mess with this phone just yet. Too scared I would just mess things up. Maybe in the future.

mykl376

Reaction score
Also, this should be a poll, if DroidForums even does polls. I don't have any idea....

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes DF does polls. It can be added to a thread. Sounds like a good idea.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If a poll would be created maybe.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE SO FAR WITH YOUR BIONIC?
1) Stock and Unrooted
2) Stock, but Rooted
3) Rooted and changed, baby!

I am stock. I have no idea how or even why to root a phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

im totally stock. i have now idea what all this rooting is about....

From http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html (ignore the title; it's old):

First question we'll tackle is "what is root?":
To have root access on a linux based system such as android means you have the equivalent access of Administrator on a Windows based computer. You will have unrestricted full access to nearly all aspects of the android system stack.

Second question "why would i want to obtain root access on my phone":
For those of us who would like an extreme level of control over our phone's files, root access is a necessity. Having a rooted phone gives the end user unprecedented control over the phone, enabling them to have limitless possibilities. Essentially unlocking your phone's full potential. With root/superuser access on your phone you would be able to flash modified roms (roms from other devices) , have access to certain functions on "root only" applications (example: wireless tether for root users - ability to tether your phone). The possibilities are endless.

It's like a car; some want to just drive it and others want to slap in a Glasspack Cherry Bomb and Recaro seats.

That being said, I'm stock and unrooted.

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I had rooted my DX. After upgrading to my Bionic, I've stayed stock. However, I miss having all the ads gone.

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Running stock, although i have thought of rooting my phone. After two weeks of researching proper techniques...i deemed it too complicated. Plus, the only reason i wanted to root in the first place was because of the ROMS. Soon after i found about GO Launcher EX, i decided to wait for the official updates.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
Howdy OP, to another Kyocera user! The 7135 was my first smartphone. Since then, I've gone through a few Treos, a Blackberry, and a couple of Droids.

I've been in IT for over fifteen years, and I'm not rooted or ROM-ed either. I have nothing against those either, but I can just use an alternative launcher to get what I want, as well as some apps.

I also found a bookmark app that unlocks the Verizon bookmarks in the stock browser, so they can be deleted.