Is anyone NOT having battery trouble?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
so if u change ur email delivery to say 1 hour wud that help extend battery life?

A tiny, tiny bit. I have set my polling to 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes--there's no noticeable difference in battery life.
When I change the delivery time I still get emails immediately

That would be the case if you are using IMAP (push). POP3 requires polling at a set interval.

When using IMAP, you can also have it poll once in a while just to help things get synced up properly but it isn't necessary.

I think you're using IMAP. (Which is good.)

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
I didn't not read through the whole thread and I apologize if someone already asked. Is it worth installing juice defender on the droid 2?

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Here is my 2 cents on this subject. I took my phone off the charger at 7 am. Had bluetooth running all day, 2 exchange accts, 2 gmail accts, updated some app in the market, and it is almost 330 pm and still at 50% battery remaining. I am pretty happy with this. I have my battery manager set to Maximum Battery Saver Mode-Pretty much like juice defender where it shuts off data after 15 minutes of no usage. I also have my screen set to automatic brightness and to shut off after 30 seconds. Hopefully it will get a little better after the battery gets more conditioned.

I would like to add that I did turn off the social networking accts in blur. It seemed to be really draining my battery. I am going to test tweetdeck to see if it works better and less battery drain.

At 1000 pm my phone was still on 20% remaining battery life. I am going to set up Juice Defender today and see if that makes it better and will report back.

Okay, I changed my battery saving setting back to night mode and ran juice defender today to replace the maximum battery saver mode in the regular setting menu. I have ran pretty much the same today, took off charger at 7 am, bluetooth on all day, gps enabled, several phone calls, 2 exchange accts, 2 gmail accts, automatic brightness, screen off after 30 seconds. Today I am at 60% remaining at 330 pm. So, juice defender helped me 10%. Hope this helps someone.

slowtype

Reaction score
GET rid of your app killers!

The sales man at the store put one on mine, said I needed it or something.

Removed it last night.

I'm at 15 hours and still have 50% charge left. Just yesterday I had to charge mine after 6 hours.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
GET rid of your app killers!

The sales man at the store put one on mine, said I needed it or something.

Removed it last night.

I'm at 15 hours and still have 50% charge left. Just yesterday I had to charge mine after 6 hours.

It's an epidemic. Android has a built in task killer that works behind the scenes. Third party killers cause problems and use up power.

Apparently Verizon officially recommends these programs but they really need to stop.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
My sales rep told me I'd need it, I agreed. That was before I discovered it sucked.

djice

Reaction score
I don't have anything off I actually have the GPS and now I am WIFI'ng into my home network so I can use data and phone at once. But since I have been using the phone non stop I have to plug it to charge every so often, but when not in use its not bad... I guess it depends how many applications are linked up to receive updates and stuff...

moneymatt

Reaction score
Buy the Motorola Extended Battery if you're having trouble.

Only adds 2mm of thickness, still fits in the docks, and you forget quickly that you've even added it.

pushing 17 hours now of moderate usage, full brightness, wi-fi on, gps on, and my phone still shows 60% left.

Reaction score
i just don't get it i don't have wi-fi on or the nav on im txting alot and the battery keeps going down

HuJass

Reaction score
I last charged mine overnight from Sunday night to Monday morning.
I haven't charged it since. I'm down to about 10 or 15 percent right now.
I will plug it in tonight.

JWaters283

Reaction score
I haven't charged my Droid 2 for 3 days straight and it's just now telling me I have 10% battery life. I think after a few full battery drains and recharges the battery is superb.

dlukiw

Reaction score
I haven't charged my Droid 2 for 3 days straight and it's just now telling me I have 10% battery life. I think after a few full battery drains and recharges the battery is superb.

Agreed here! I actually went 2 days without a charge, with moderate use in texting (not extensive). Seems to work well to me now. The day before, there was heavy extensive use on it so I could kill my battery complete before a charge. I was using it pretty much for 18 hours straight.