Is Anyone NOT Going to Install the OTA Update?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by TxDoc, Dec 10, 2009.

1. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

If you are not having any issues, and others are having many different unwanted, albeit minor, problems, with the update...then is anyone going to ride along with what they have and avoid some of the reported problems?

I know some have had great success and things are better, but it worries me that I may be one of those that ends up with problems I did not have or want.

Thanks for any replies.
  2. mivok

mivok New Member

As far as I can tell, the OTA update is mandatory, when you get it, a screen will nag you until you do update. I'm sure there's a way around it, but there will be few, if any, not doing the update.
  3. spicaly

spicaly New Member

I've had two people complain about the echo problem, so installing is a must for me
  4. keiichi25

keiichi25 New Member

You should look up at the sticky above about 2.0.1 impressions. At the moment, my only real 'issue' which is only a small one, is how quickly it goes back to sleep on the lock screen. Which is both good and bad, as it means it isn't using nearly as much juice unnecessarily.

The only other gripe I know of, that I have have bothered to read, is the possible failure in the backlight on the physical keyboard. It has been hit and miss for some. At the moment, I do not seem to see the problem, but one person suggested power cycling it to 'see' the lack of back lighting. I am doing that right now and...

I do not seem to have the problem... So it may be hit and miss still for some users. The only observable issue with the keyboard I saw was the backlight flickered, but I think that was due to apps on the phone, at that time, were doing things, like Locale was flipping my wallpaper a few times trying to follow the conditions I had set.
  5. TxDoc

TxDoc Member

Thanks for the replies.
  6. pilot25

pilot25 New Member

Browser lag is another issue in another thread. Hopefully we can decline the update....Sounds like it was put out too soon.