Is Anyone Having Internet Connectivity Issues???

hatchin

Reaction score
My new RAZR Maxx HD will work fine for most of the day and then I will go to check my e-mail or go online and it just sits there and thinks and the arrows by the 4g don't light up. No matter what I try that is internet related (mail, internet browsing, etc) will not work. If I put the phone on airplane mode and then switch back then it will work fine. I went into settings and changed the network mode setting from global to LTE/CDMA, got a new sim card, did a factory reset and it still does it about once a day. Is anyone else having this issue?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah I started having this issue last night... I rebooted and it went away..

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've not seen this issue yet... I was using plenty last night too so network was ok.. I've tested with Global & LTE/CDMA as to battery and reception I can't find a difference.. Btw if y'all text alot make sure you change the max in conversation over 200...I learned this after the GF kept sending me texts and failed... :D

BK MaXX'hd

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I also talked to the manager at a local Verizon and he stated it's something to do with the 4G network and not the phone since it has been seen on other phones as well.

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
Well after a new sim card and the Jelly Bean update I am still having my internet issues and the only way to make it work is to turn airplane mode on and then turn off and the internet will work again (the 4G icon is there but the arrows don't light up and when I try to go onto the internet or use an app, it will just time out). Is anyone else having this issue (Motorola wants my phone for 5 days so I don't really want to be without a phone for 5 days).

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
This sounds like the same issue that has been plaguing Verizon's 4G network from its inception. It has something to do with your phone logging in and out of the 4G network on the back end. The problem is specific to certain 4G towers.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
I noticed this from time to time also. Glad its not just me. I can usually wait it out but sometimes a reboot is needed. It can be frustrating.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
Glad to here verifacation it is not the phone because I didn't want to get a refurbished unit from Verizon or send it to Motorola and be without the phone for 5 days. Thanks for the input!:icon_ banana:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You know, I haven't had one issue with my signal dropping in quite a few months. On the OG Maxx I experienced it A LOT, but then it stopped happening. I have yet to see it happen with the Maxx HD.