Is Anyone Happy with Froyo 2.2?

Jenaht

Reaction score
I thought I'd add that I also added the LauncherPro app to my phone. The claim from reviews I've read on that app is that it's actually faster than the stock launcher. It's been working great for me and I do not see the sluggishness I was seeing even after the factory reset.
The batter lasted about 10 hrs. yesterday. Changed to black wallpaper & charged it last night. Will see if it's even better today.
Overall, I think this phone is amazing & I'm glad I have it.

Great news. I use Go Launcher myself. Love it. My phone battery has really settled nicely. I think using Juice Defender Plus, Auto Killer Memory Optimizer together have done wonders.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I have the same response in another thread about my poor battery life after the update. I also have noticed that when I try to multitask and long press the home screen home and try to switch from a game to the explorer there can be a lag. Love the phone, the screen is awesome, but in a dilemma over this battery issue. It was so good before the update.

wonputt

Reaction score
I have a few issues, called verizon tech support & they have no fix.

1) My bluetooth car kit connects, but then loses the connection & I have to reconnect every 5 min or so. Worked fine until the OTA upgrade.

2) In Gmail, I can not pinch to enlarge the text so I can read it w/o my glasses. It does work in browser & gallery though.

3) Battery life is significantly less.

Any suggestions?

Jenaht

Reaction score
Try factory reset as posted around forums. Follow that with *228 to update and battery calibration tips posted around. Lots of great info if you do a bit of legwork.
Can't pinch to zoom in gmail but can change font size

plumblucky

Reaction score
Does this OTA update work with root? There was talk of a bootlock

JohnieRotten

Reaction score
I have a question. The OTA update 2.2 does not work but if you do the 2.2 update through *228 it will work?