Is anyone else excited for the iphone 4

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by maxohkc, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxohkc

maxohkc New Member

I use to have an iphone and hated the network, but the phone was ok... I hated a lot of things about it, yes the OS was polished but at times still laggy, just as and if more than the Android phone. Second I hated paying for apps that I barely use. I changed to Android and would never think of making the same mistake I did 2 years ago. I love android and everything about it, I'm using a D1 and would never imagine trading it for an iphone 4 (unless I could sell it for a nexus).
    Back to my question, I'm excited for this show down!!! There will be a lot of people standing out of verizon waiting for iphones. I bet a lot of these people will be ex AT&T users and of course previous droid users. Android will loose a lot of momentum but will still grow. Is anyone else excited to see what happens with Android when the iphone comes to verizon?
  2. miretchin

miretchin New Member

i think the next few months will be swim or drown for both apple and android. For the first time its a level playing field... yet, i just can't see the droid losing all this momentum, especially since it will be the first to dual core phones and LTE enabled phones. for the first time ever, at least for a couple of months, apple will be playing catch-up! Its truly amazing to see how far android has come.
  3. Gritwater

Gritwater New Member

I could care less.... if iphone comes over, and runs droid out of biz, then it was a poor product.

It will make either iphone get better, droid get better, or both get better. And my next phone will be whichever one comes out on top.

No product phanboy loyalty here. If iPhone is better, I'll get it. The ONLY reason I didn't even look into getting an iphone is AT+T's stranglehold on it and I like verizon
  4. bthomp21

bthomp21 New Member

where is all this coming from? I guess the apple/att contract is void and somehow coming to verizon.
  5. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

I had an iphone and loved it had it hacked to tmobile then got it on att more drops on att but faster network.Then i got a job selling phones for walmart and had a chance to try a bunch of phone on 3 networks.Then after messing with blackberrys Storm and Bold
    i made my choice {Motorola Droid} havent had a new phone since january 2009 i love it and it loves me if anyone tries to use it but me it freezes and force closes we have a bond my next phone will be Android native.The iphones upside is easy to use tools for basic use its downside is smart tec savy people cant use it to do what they want
    its hard to jailbreak after the monthly updates and memory leaks are awful havent had a 4g but those droped calls suck.
  6. maxohkc

maxohkc New Member

Trust me its coming heard it from someone I know at big V. But your right it could just be a rumor I just wanted to know what people think about it. :)
  7. garbageman

garbageman New Member

I always said that if verizon ever got an iphone I would be first in line to try it. But now that I have had my d2 for a few months now, and loving more and more especially now that its rooted. I don't think I'm gonna be so fast to jump and get an iphone. So I agree with pretty much going with whom ever survives or catches my intrust next time around for new phone time. My only problem with android is that most of my music is on itunes and some of it is protected, and I cannot get it to copy on my d2 or atleast haven't found a way yet. If anyone knows a way let me know.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  8. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
  9. A Nobody

A Nobody New Member

10. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

closing we have a couple of vzw iphone threads already.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.