Is anyone else dropping Verizon when they're contract runs out?

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by cthebadge38, Jun 17, 2012.

1. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    This past January

2. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I didnt know my plan got changed until after I used netflix the first time on phone and then I saw my bill and it said I went over the 2GB cap! I didn't have a cap when I started. I've read a lot of posts and it seems like there's nothing I could really do.

3. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yes they can i forget what it's called tho but Jan I doubt they will I'd call and complaine and get a supervisor that's BS cuz its there fault. If they tell u its gone for good there lying at the very least I would not hang up till u get the 4GB promo plan

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  4. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yea that's my fault. I should have been more aware of what was happening at the time. So the netflix app goes, because it's pointless to have that now.

5. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I just checked my plan online and it shows that I already have the 4GB promo plan. All this is happening when I'm not looking :angry:.

I used to be in these forums months ago, but after reading some threads, I will faithfully come here like I did before.

6. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    U can still call and tell them to put the unlimited back on there is no reason u would of wanted to switch so its obviously a techs fault and they can get it back if u cause enough rawkus and get the supervisor

7. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I'll try later over the weekend. Thanks.

8. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    We have 5 lines on the unlimited data on all lines plus a $20 discount, which is a sweet deal. Anyway, when we upgraded my son's line for his iPhone we got him for a Christmas present, the not so smart rep did something and threw that line only into a 2GB plan. She insisted the phone had to be activated then put his non-smartphone back on then it would be ready to go for Christmas. I called the "CMO" department - that's what you want to call it when you NICELY call into VZW and tell them your dilemma about how you're now on a 2GB plan instead of your unlimited. The bottom line here for anyone hoping to keep their unlimited data...DO NOT temporarily EVER put on a dumbphone then reactivate a smart phone...you will forever lose the unlimited data. I had an advantage when my plan got messed up the end of November - I worked for Big Red for almost 3 years leaving in 2009. I know how to treat reps, know the lingo, and knew that they could put the old plan back on my son's line, which they eventually did. I had one person tell me no, it couldn't be done, I asked to escalate politely to their supervisor who told me they would call me back and nothing happened. Finally a week later I called back and asked to transfer to CMO and got a new rep. She ended up being helpful but again didn't get back to me, so I politely asked for her supervisor. She was finally able to get me all fixed up, but took almost until Christmas day until it was all resolved. So, don't expect immediate fixes, but please be nice and take some of my advice here and you should be able to get back to your unlimited data plan. That is if you didn't put on another phone that was not a smartphone sometime before you added the Razr Maxx.

9. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Gold Member

Ratings:
    +661
    according to the rep I called last month because I accidently removed a feature on someone's account, the only way you can get something no longer available re-added to an account is if you call the same day it is removed.

10. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Silver Member

Ratings:
    +138
    ^That is an out and out lie. It's possible that is what the rep was told to say, but it's not true at all I assure you. VZ somehow changed something on my account, I noticed before the billing cycle was over, called them, it got fixed.

11. MAzing87

MAzing87 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    But what happens when a couple months go by and I am billed for going over the cap I was never supper to have?

12. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Silver Member

Ratings:
    +138
    If you wait months before you bring their attention to a mistake then chances become good that they both won't correct it and that you will not have the erroneous charges taken care of.

Search tags for this page

drop verizon contract

what happens if my verizon contract expires
what happens when contract ends verizon
what happens when my contract ends with verizon

what happens when my verizon contract ends

what happens when my verizon contract expires

what happens when verizon contract ends

what happens when your 2 year contract is up verizon

what happens when your contract ends with verizon

what happens when your verizon contract ends