Is anybody gonna switch to the Nexus One?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
To play devil's advocate, in theory the N1 is more highly overclockable than the droid is (unless I've missed something).

Of course that's true, doubling 1ghz will always get you more than doubling 550mhz.

kygator1

Reaction score
I never have been like everybody else so yes i might consider it i hate the kb on the droid never ever use it i like the sleek look of the n1 and if it has anywhere near the speed of the droid not oc'ed hell yea hell i look at it just imo :)

MrCapcom

Reaction score
With stock settings, processor performance might have been an issue, but with overclocking (even to just 800, much less 1 gHz or 1.25 gHz) there's no way the performance upgrade is worth the switch.

To play devil's advocate, in theory the N1 is more highly overclockable than the droid is (unless I've missed something).

He's tryin to say the only reason to go to the Nexus One would be for its processor speed but since u can OC the DRIOD to at least 800 to make the speed faster (not same as Nexus) it doesnt really give a point in buying the nexus one.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Why switch now? I love my Droid and if I ever get tired of it, something better than the N1 will be available. I'm hoping we'll see a dual core processor soon on a smartphone.

demon69120

Reaction score
Who's Ditching Their Droid for the Nexus?

Well, about a week ago my Step Dad got us Droids because of the Buy one Get One Free deal. While we were getting them we were talking to the guy at Verizon. I had said that a Google Employee leaked that the Nexus One would be here on March 23rd, just 2 weeks, according to a legit site I had read. Of course he's like "NAWW Brah! We would have known by now if that's what's up. It will be months" so we just discarded the idea of waiting for the Nexus One. Now, a week later I guess they ARE coming out. Cool ;P. I really like the Droid, but I favor the Nexus' design a bit more. My step Dad might be a little different though, because he likes the keyboard. Though it might be hard leaving my amazing Droid for anything at this point.

Anyone going to go get a Nexus instead of their new Droid? I kind of want to, just because the design if there's no loss. Supposedly you can trade in your phones within a month of purchase... so should I? How hard would it be to exchange for the Nexus One? I know they would probably need both Droid back and an extra $200 considering there is no Buy One Get One free. Also my SD card that came with it stopped being recognized... so I'd have to pick up an identical one for $30.

If not, I'll just wait for the Droid 2. Upgrade in a year ;). Nexus One won't be worth an upgrade!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, about a week ago my Step Dad got us Droids because of the Buy one Get One Free deal. While we were getting them we were talking to the guy at Verizon. I had said that a Google Employee leaked that the Nexus One would be here on March 23rd, just 2 weeks, according to a legit site I had read. Of course he's like "NAWW Brah! We would have known by now if that's what's up. It will be months" so we just discarded the idea of waiting for the Nexus One. Now, a week later I guess they ARE coming out. Cool ;P. I really like the Droid, but I favor the Nexus' design a bit more. My step Dad might be a little different though, because he likes the keyboard. Though it might be hard leaving my amazing Droid for anything at this point.

Anyone going to go get a Nexus instead of their new Droid? I kind of want to, just because the design if there's no loss. Supposedly you can trade in your phones within a month of purchase... so should I? How hard would it be to exchange for the Nexus One? I know they would probably need both Droid back and an extra $200 considering there is no Buy One Get One free.

If not, I'll just wait for the Droid 2. Upgrade in a year ;).

You have to pay a restocking fee. When 2.1 comes out, there will be absolutely no need to change to the Nexus One unless you want your phone to be smooth. I find that the simplistic and boxy look of the Droid suits it well.

ToXiiC

Reaction score
I'm sticking with my Droid because of the physical keyboard and better screen. Plus, the Nexus One is too thin for my likings. Go Droid! :motdroidhoriz:

demon69120

Reaction score
Well it wouldn't really run smoother I doubt, because my Droid will OC to 1.3 without big problems, 1.2 easy.

wirezd

Reaction score
The only thing that wants me to switch is the fact that the droid's build is actually pretty low quality. All of the buttons get stuck easily, paint wears off etc.

I'll be getting the droid 2, nexus "2" or possibly a nexus one if they aren't $500 when they arrive on Verizon.

modified

Reaction score
Honestly, if i had a choice between the two, i would go with the nexus, but unfortunately it's too late for that. Don't get me wrong, i love my droid, but i find the nexus one to be sleeker and easier to be pocketable. Not to mention it's much lighter, which makes a huge different for me.

It's a physical preference. The software is the same.