Is anybody gonna switch to the Nexus One?

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
So i got my Droid on March 5th, and if i wanted to would be able to return it within30 days and get the Nexus one..... Dont think i want to, but was wondering what you think?

please no flaming or one sided arguments.... Just pros and cons.
Thanks.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, I like my physical keyboard, and I like Motorola's products.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, i'm not for the nexus one. I do not like HTC in the least. I hate the trackball in any phone. The pluses are it has a faster processor.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
naa, i agree... cant do without my keyboard... plus i like this design.

plaidman

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation, just got the droid recently. The speed/memory upgrade isn't worth losing the keyboard in my opinion, so I won't be upgrading.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
like the physical keyboard. Staying with the droid.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I might get one to play with, but I am not switching phones.

Sodner

Reaction score
I go back on forth on this one. I do not use the keyboard at all, but the Droid is one sexy beast of a phone. I say the deciding factor to me is that thanks to this forum and the developers that provide us with these fantastic ROMs, with all the latest functionality, I now see no reason to switch.

Reaction score
Not to pile on... but physical keyboard on the Droid FTW!

With stock settings, processor performance might have been an issue, but with overclocking (even to just 800, much less 1 gHz or 1.25 gHz) there's no way the performance upgrade is worth the switch.

rrmetal

Reaction score
Moto to Nexus

Was originally planning to wait for the Nexus One. However, my youngest calmly pointed out that the iPhone had a problematic first year and went through a couple of 'generations' before it stabilized.

Also, new = retail and roll-out dates always slip.

Moto has been out for a while so all the kinks, hopefully, should have been worked out.

So ... the youngest and I picked up two Moto's last night ...

I think I'm on the Verizon 'VIP' program so may be able update in a year if the Nexus One is worth it ... probably not ... so Moto and I will be BFs through 2012

Actually, any communications technology past shouting is over-kill for me ... however, just gots to have those electro-toys !

An chance DOOM will ported to the Moto ?

natty_lite

Reaction score
If I had the opportunity to switch without penalty (ie: extra dough) I most likely wouldn't, due to the lack of physical qwerty on the Nexus.

The Droid has other advantages such as multi-touch accuracy, or speaker sound quality as well.

Last edited:

Tracyap

Reaction score
I will be switching to the Nexus when it hits Verizon. As much as I love my Droid, the call quality is just terrible for me. I switched to the Droid from years of a Blackberry ... and Motorola is just not cutting it.

Eli

Reaction score
I had and returned the droid. I really want(ed) a phone w a physical keyboard, but the droid's is awful. I am considering the n1 vs incredible. Incredible (my understanding is same phone with sense ui) is more likely for me since it will be cheaper through VZ.

I would love to see a revision of the droid with the few, but VERY significant problems fixed.

Brokn68

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Droid and plan on sticking with it,

plaidman

Reaction score
With stock settings, processor performance might have been an issue, but with overclocking (even to just 800, much less 1 gHz or 1.25 gHz) there's no way the performance upgrade is worth the switch.

To play devil's advocate, in theory the N1 is more highly overclockable than the droid is (unless I've missed something).

Last edited: