Is Android Laggy? Video Says Yes

papapena25

Reaction score
Must not be all Android devices. My rezound has no lag, just as fast as my girl friends iphone 4s

diverken

Reaction score
I live in the real world, if you think lag as you have demonstrated means nothing to a real user. Are you running tests for NASA, or do you have way to much on your hands.
How about some real reporting for the rest of the users out there.
FYI i now have two nexus phones coming from two OG droids. I could not be happier.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's amazing the amount of hate that's in this thread. Apparently you guys missed where he said he's been using Android for 2 years and the issue doesn't bother him. He's just showing a real time demonstration. Some of you really need to grow up and stop being so childish any time someone compares something to the iPhone.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
It might lag or might not - haven't noticed so I guess it was not important to ME (might be to YOU). It does lag when changing from portrait to landscape and I consider this a feature and actually usually love it. It drove me crazy when doing something that accidentally tipped the phone a bit to have the screen suddenly rotate and then rotate back. I would rather it was sure I had changed the orientation. I know that is not the lag he was referring to but is the only "lag" I've noticed.

CPTBeaker

Reaction score
Adw??

I can do the same test on my Thunderbolt with ADW Launcher EX and I can go as fast as I want and I get NO lag.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I agree with him. I love android but the lag drives me crazy. I want it to be reliable to scroll through things whenever I want. My thunderbolt totally has lag just scrolling around on the homescreen, and things often force close. Android is a very flawed OS. I just like it better than iOS and there's more you can do with it, but lag DEFINITELY ticks off the average android user. And I totally still notice lag on the gnexus.

dbol

Reaction score
basically the fact that android shows any kind of lag shows it is more efficient as a smartphone and is able to multi-task

Haha... this line made me laugh.
The lag means its more efficient!

:unsure:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha... this line made me laugh.
The lag means its more efficient!

:unsure:

it just means that phones aren't quite capable of running tons of tasks at the same time and probably wont be for at least a little while therefore the lag shows that it is doing several things at once

i'd rather have a little lag and be able to multi-task rather than have no lag and be stuck to only doing one thing at a time

dbol

Reaction score
it just means that phones aren't quite capable of running tons of tasks at the same time and probably wont be for at least a little while therefore the lag shows that it is doing several things at once

i'd rather have a little lag and be able to multi-task rather than have no lag and be stuck to only doing one thing at a time

Don't get me wrong; I'd rather have lag and multitask too, but iOS 5 multitasks as well.

We cannot prove that lag is from multitasking. Its simply a correlation. I'm 100% sure the Android platform is not bug free and is not as optimized as it will ever be. The same applies to all platforms. If this weren't true, we'd never see updates, nor would iPhone users or anyone else for that matter.

To be fair, I wouldn't be so quick to blame Android's issues on its abilities.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

benb1974

Reaction score
when i press a button or an icon and it takes three or four seconds to respond, thats lag. this is not.

dbol

Reaction score
when i press a button or an icon and it takes three or four seconds to respond, thats lag. this is not.

That sucks! Its never taken me even a second to respond to any button presses.

benb1974

Reaction score
That sucks! Its never taken me even a second to respond to any button presses.

Im not currently experiencing this. Just explaining what my opinion of lag is. Not what he's showing us.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong; I'd rather have lag and multitask too, but iOS 5 multitasks as well.

We cannot prove that lag is from multitasking. Its simply a correlation. I'm 100% sure the Android platform is not bug free and is not as optimized as it will ever be. The same applies to all platforms. If this weren't true, we'd never see updates, nor would iPhone users or anyone else for that matter.

To be fair, I wouldn't be so quick to blame Android's issues on its abilities.

actually Diane from Google HAS stated that Android doesn't put user priority at highest level...all tasks have the same priority level. This is for a reason...effective multitasking

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
actually Diane from Google HAS stated that Android doesn't put user priority at highest level...all tasks have the same priority level. This is for a reason...effective multitasking

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

thanks, thats exactly the point i was getting at