Is a Droid usable with no wireless service - Like an iPod Touch?

droidangel

Reaction score
Got It

I forgot to add, that I tried downloading games to droid sd card on my evo then putting back in droid, games did not show up on phone or sd card, when connected to computer, but when I put my sd card for evo back in, they are there...

I figured out how to do games, but still no wireless capabilities. Thanks

REMilk

Reaction score
When I upgraded to a droid 3 I kept my original Droid (OG Droid). The OG Droid works great as a WiFi-only device. I can download apps from the App Market, GetJar and AppStore. I can play interactive games over WiFi. I stream music via WiFi for Google Music, Amazon Music, Pandora, and Slacker. I also listen, Using the Old-Time Radio app, old classic radio programs. I also download books for my eReaders apps.

Skype works well over WiFi.

For navigation, I use "Navigation by TeleNav". This navigation aid does not require a data plan to use.

My OG Droid with the enhanced battery has much better battery life than my Droid 3. Because of this, I use the OG Droid for listening to tunes and reading eBooks on cross-country airplane trips.

Good Luck,
Bob

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Check into the Samsung galaxy player lineup.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Check into the Samsung galaxy player lineup.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

The Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 goes on sale at Best Buy for $180. It was on sale for that in January and again a couple of weeks ago. My wife has one and likes it. It's about equal to my Inc2 in terms of speed, etc. It's currently back up to $200, but will probably drop again within the next couple of weeks.

naknak95

Reaction score
As long as you have wifi on the phone, you can pretty much use it for anything except as a cell phone