is 3g mobile hotspot free?

yyhh94

Reaction score
hi i just got the droid x today and i have a question if the 3g mobile hotspot is free? will i be charged for using this?
if so, how much?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
No it is not free...it is an additional $30 I believe...but if u rooted ur device, u can do it for free using wireless tether from the market

Sent from my DROID2

BodyBagz

Reaction score
hi i just got the droid x today and i have a question if the 3g mobile hotspot is free? will i be charged for using this?
if so, how much?
No, it costs $29.99 a month extra. If you root your phone, you can get the same you're of service for free though...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

vatothe0

Reaction score
Mobile hotspot is $20.

Sent from my DROIDX² using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Y

yyhh94

Reaction score
when i click 3g mobile hotspot, there was no notification that i will be charged.
would i still have to pay even if i have an unlimited data plan for $30 each month?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yes you will still have to pay.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The $20 is for 2GB just for tethering/hotspot. The data on your phone itself is unlimited though.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

cpinto

Reaction score
when i click 3g mobile hotspot, there was no notification that i will be charged.
would i still have to pay even if i have an unlimited data plan for $30 each month?

You can turn on the hotspot, and it will work, but you can only access the VZW page that explains the charges.

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
I think you get a 30 day free trial. I thought it was free, period, and one day I tried to use it and it wouldn't work and brought diverted me to the verizon site where I can purchase it for $20 extra a month.