Is 32gb overkill?

droidx2010

Reaction score
I did post on another thread about the 32gb card...I got the card just to max out what the phone offered (just cuz I thought it would be cool), but would this be overkill?
I want to use droid x's video capabilities to replace my old sony digital 8 tape camcorder, when can. I was wondering if the full 16gb would be sufficient. I plan on, at this point, downloading the vids on my computer to edit the vids, like after a camping trip and save them on a cd.
Has anyone used the droid x to this extent or have you used it mostly for phone & web?

Is there any way to edit clips created & merge on to one vid clip on droid x?

trbasil

Reaction score
It's only overkill if you never use more than the 16 gig that you replaced.

fastpat

Reaction score
In general it's my experience that if you're not using the memory now, you soon will be, particularly if you use your X to view movies and photos.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I always thought more than 8 was probably overkill....until I rooted. Those quarter of a gig nandroids eat space fast.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Trust me it's not overkill. There was a time when having a 1TB hard drive was absolutely ludicrous. I'm sure the more...seasoned folks here can remember even smaller sizes once being thought of as overkill. Just give it time, if you have the space, you'll fill it eventually, then they'll have the 64GB cards or higher. :)

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
I always thought more than 8 was probably overkill....until I rooted. Those quarter of a gig nandroids eat space fast.

You need to send me the link where u can root the DX. I've only heard of "brick" after the word "root".

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

You need to send me the link where u can root the DX. I've only heard of "brick" after the word "root".
MD has the Original Droid, but it is possible and relatively safe to Root the DX

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score

MD has the Original Droid, but it is possible and relatively safe to Root the DX
Not from what I've read & heard. You try to root for wifi..."brick". You mess with other stuff...."brick".