1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is 2.0.1 root lost if upgrade to 2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Trionalaw, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Trionalaw

Trionalaw New Member

I now have successfully routed my Droid to 2.0.1. My Droid is now telling me I have the upgrade to 2.1 available. The site I am using to install ROMs says it will work for both 2.01 and 2.1.

I just checked my phone and found that I am running firmware version 2.1-update! I am now going to try try to root it.

While probably a poor pun, it looks like the question I had about root has now become moot. (I did not give my address out so no one can come and slap me.)

Will I lose my root (is that a college phrase?) if I upgrade to 2.1?

Thanks again,

Then again, I am not sure how I should proceed. After looking at the below link,I wonder if I am not a rooted 2.0.1 nevertheless.

http://forum.droidmod.org/index.php/topic,1004.0.html

So I will wait advice. Thank you.

Trionalaw
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    If you are on 2.1 you can gain root access without going back to 2.0.1 Just follow the link in my signature.
  3. kevdog

kevdog New Member

If you go to 2.1, the only way to root is by flashing an sbf. This may be intimidating to some since it does require many steps and a few programs to download. The process is straightforward, but intimidating to many. Bottom line is that I would not upgrade to 2.1 rather just grab a 2.2 ROM from many of the developers in this forum.
  4. Trionalaw

Trionalaw New Member

5. Trionalaw

Trionalaw New Member

Someone said there are no stupid question. I have my Droid running at 1ghz which was a goal. At least according to CPU benchmark. I thought I successfully place Froyo 2.2 on it but it still says 2.1-update 1!

Am I not 2.2"d as I had hoped/

Thanks
Search tags for this page

if upgrade lose root