Is 2.0.1 available to you already?

sloopjohnb

Reaction score
Hi people,

I've decided to create a thread for people that already have 2.0.1 available in their country/carrier. As the days pass by, more and more people will have 2.0.1 available so I think it would be nice if we could keep track of 2.0.1 releases around the world :).
It started officially today: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/106241#106241

thx!

big_adventure

Reaction score
Hi people,

I've decided to create a thread for people that already have 2.0.1 available in their country/carrier. As the days pass by, more and more people will have 2.0.1 available so I think it would be nice if we could keep track of 2.0.1 releases around the world :).
It started officially today: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/106241#106241

thx!

It's still France-only, from what I know. I've been on it since it leaked on the 19th. It works brilliantly.

mpmilestogo

Reaction score
No real Clarity about updates

I read along on the Motorola forum for milestone and while I see a lot of people with questions about specific carriers and countries, I don't see what happens with people that buy their phone in one country and relocate, people that buy their phones from a online vendor like expansys or amazon. I have the 2.0.1 with root but from the start I've wondered if my phone was actually from the UK when amazon sold it to me. I have never seen it change from "cannot locate server" when I run the phone updater.

Its kind of academic now since I took action on my own after the detailed update information on the alldroid forum post. I just wonder how many others fit into one of the buckets above and whether they will ever get an update OTA. My bet is not personally.

EmilF

Reaction score
I read along on the Motorola forum for milestone and while I see a lot of people with questions about specific carriers and countries, I don't see what happens with people that buy their phone in one country and relocate, people that buy their phones from a online vendor like expansys or amazon. I have the 2.0.1 with root but from the start I've wondered if my phone was actually from the UK when amazon sold it to me. I have never seen it change from "cannot locate server" when I run the phone updater.

Its kind of academic now since I took action on my own after the detailed update information on the alldroid forum post. I just wonder how many others fit into one of the buckets above and whether they will ever get an update OTA. My bet is not personally.
The phones are granted access to the update server my there IMEI no., so it should not matter where in the world you are, as long as you have a data connection. This is also corresponding with this post by Motorola, in the Motorola Supportforum: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/105591#105591 post 561

Also, according to this post by Motorola Europe on Facebook, you will get the update, if you have bought the phone sim free, and both Amazon and Expansys are mentioned on the list.
So to sum up, I don’t thint there is reason to worry, the update will come to all Milestones no matter where in the world the phone is and which carrier is used ;-)