Iron Man Edition of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Coming Next Week

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s6-iron-man-edition.png

Some of you might be disappointed by this news, even though it should be exciting. The news is that the Limited Edition Iron Man Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge will be officially unveiled next week. Furthermore, a teaser pic of the actual phone hiding in the shadows came along with the announcement of next week's announcement.

Sadly, that is the part that may leave some of you feeling disappointed. From the teaser image it appears there will be a large and prominent Iron Man logo etching on the back of the device. Obviously if you are a huge fan of Iron Man, this might be good news. For many of us though, this will mar what could have been a beautiful device if it had just stuck with an Iron Man color scheme.

That's not all the bad news. In reference to the Tweets that went out in Korean for the teaser, one of the hashtags that came with the image translates to '1000 limited edition.'" This likely means the device will be very limited and very expensive. Well... Poo! :(

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Aww man :( I really want one of these, but my contract isn't up till July!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Had a feeling Sammy would mess up a beautiful device..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Aww man :( I really want one of these, but my contract isn't up till July!
I don't think this phone will be sold by any carrier. Sammy direct and then eBay at twice the price...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
They needed the Iron Man helmet on there to really display that it's a special edition and what makes it a special edition. Had they just used the colors I don't think many people would "get it".

Sent from my SCH-I545

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Disagree Dezy.
They don't need to "get it".
If I was going to buy one of those, I am buying it for myself, for the rich Gold and Red color scheme. It's GORGEOUS!!!!
If someone else looks at it and DOESN'T associate Iron Man with it... EVEN BETTER!!! :D
Yea, we might be nerds, but I really don't want an ACTUAL Iron Man S6... just the colors.

The color alone will make people ask you: "Wow, that's nice, what is it?"
Leave it to me to decide if I want to mention it's the Iron Man edition...

If the helmet is on there, it's a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Disagree Dezy.
They don't need to "get it".
If I was going to buy one of those, I am buying it for myself, for the rich Gold and Red color scheme. It's GORGEOUS!!!!
If someone else looks at it and DOESN'T associate Iron Man with it... EVEN BETTER!!! :D
Yea, we might be nerds, but I really don't want an ACTUAL Iron Man S6... just the colors.

The color alone will make people ask you: "Wow, that's nice, what is it?"
Leave it to me to decide if I want to mention it's the Iron Man edition...

If the helmet is on there, it's a deal breaker for me.
Oh no I totally agree that the Iron Man head is unnecessary and looks cheap. However, since it is an "Avenger" edition, they needed it. With just the colorway, it would've been just any other color. No doubt only certain people would buy this version, but you gotta remember it's Samsung who made it, so they gotta make sure that users and bystanders alike know that they're holding a special edition. You may not want others to "get it", but Samsung certainly does, and that Iron Man helmet makes it obvious.

If it were just a red and gold s6, it really wouldn't signify an "edition" of anything, imo. Just a rare colorway that looked about 20x better without that decal.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I love these colors.. but I can count on my fingers how many peeps don't use a case... I guess if you get see thru case then yeah... I'd love to see it without the back stamped

Tapped by NexusSix

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'll save any further comments about the head being there until we actually see it.

Save a finger for me, bk, I hate cases.

TapaTurbo

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I hate cases too. I can't bring myself not to use one though. It would be a shame to cover up those awesome colors.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
+1, but I need to as I sell my phone every year.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Especially if you are selling... no way the phone stays in same condition... plus these phones are slippery.. cold day in NY and it's laying on the ground bang up

Tapped by NexusSix

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
True. But glass gets better and better. I'm pretty shocked how good the screen on my beat to crap RAZR HD looked after 18 months. And NY current Turbo screen looks as good as it did the day I pulled it out if the box.
Of course my nylon is frayed. Lol
My phones are work phones. So I'm also not in the selling game. Might feel different if I was.

TapaTurbo