I'Replacement droid question?

portermac

Reaction score
I'm getting a replacement moto droid and I wanted to know what the best way to get the new phone just like the old phone was set up.I mean text, emails, apps, music, even keeping LP the same. Is that possible with the sd card and not rooted?

What about my backup pro?

Last edited:

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I am in the same situation. Fortunately I had backed up everything to PC including LP configuration so I am hoping it won't be too much work. I am also hoping they'll send me an actually new Droid; I'm nervous about "certified lie new"...
But to answer your question, if you don't have some kind of backup image you will have to enter your email accounts and passwords as if you had done a factory reset; ditto for any app requiring a username and password. You will get your contacts back, and the market will have a record of your purchased apps, since Google stores all that stuff.
If you didn't back up your Launcher Pro settings this time, do so with your new phone, and keep a copy on your PC. Other apps can back up settings as well including Folder Organizer.
If you were rooted and/or used a backup program (Are there any that work if you're not rooted?) you should be fine.

PARick

Reaction score
I'm getting a replacement moto droid and I wanted to know what the best way to get the new phone just like the old phone was set up.I mean text, emails, apps, music, even keeping LP the same. Is that possible with the sd card and not rooted?

What about my backup pro?

I had to do a factory reset, and Backup Pro worked, well like a Pro. Well worth the investment, IMHO.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Haven't checked that one out. You can do a full backup without root? Like Ghost or Acronis on a PC?

prince1071

Reaction score
call me strange but I dont mind having to set up my phone from scratch, again....crazy thing is I was sent a "like new" replacement since they told me that a new one wouldnt come till the 24th (of August)....BUT they also ordered me a NEW one to arrive then....the "like new" one was only to hold me over till the REAL NEW one gets here....smh
I was having an issue with my email client app....so I set this new arrival up and I'll have to do it again when I get the NEW NEW one....lol

but I dont mind cause I keep changing things around anyway. I cant put the damn phone down since I got it! lol

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
No one told me anything about a real new one, just a certified like new one. Supposed to arrive today, so I'll see.
Update: phone has arrived. Marked certified like new, sure looks it. Wish me luck!