1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

IRC channel on Freenode

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by djssupp, May 9, 2011.

1. djssupp

djssupp New Member

Is it just me, or is the ##LIQUID channel on IRC.FREENODE.NET not active at all? All I see is 4 people are logged in, me being one of them, and not much, if anything, is being said.

Does anyone even use the channel for real time chatting? or is the majority of communication had through the forums (both here and at liquidsmoothroms.com)?
  2. MS3FGX

MS3FGX New Member

I've never seen anyone actually talking on the channel either. Though that isn't terribly surprising for this sort of thing. There are plenty of channels on Freenode where nobody speaks unless somebody directly addresses one of the developers.

Keep in mind that the primary goal of Freenode is to give open source projects a chat server for bug reports, collaborative developing, etc; but not necessarily for general chat.
  3. djssupp

djssupp New Member

Yeah, I understood that much, but there wasn't any chatter about bugs or development. I didn't see any of the folks listed in the LGB credits signed into the channel either.

I'm not complaining about it, but I'd have thought there'd have been a few more heads in there. Oh well... I guess it's there for when is needed.
  4. neveragon

neveragon New Member

there when you need it... not really,. I idle in there and will help if i can, but ya have to highlight me for me to notice. and by "not really" i mean the people in there are just users of LGB, never seen any devs in there besides slayher and he stopped coming in a long time ago.
Search tags for this page

irc.freenode.net #liquids channel