IPv6 support in P3 kernel

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Paul1201, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Paul1201

Paul1201 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am running P3's LV 125/1000 Froyo kernel on the stock FRG22D on a Droid 1 and I am trying to figure out how to get IPv6 to work for Google Goggles. I tried running the following script using GScript Lite:

su
    insmod /system/lib/modules/ipv6.ko

The result was file not found in GScript Lite and Goggles still force closed. I have switched over to ChevNo1's LV 7 slot 1000 MHz kernel for now but that has been sucking the battery life out of my Droid.

If some one could point me in the right direction on how to add IPv6 support (preferably on boot each time) to this kernel I would really appreciate it.

I have posted this on P3's forum over at My Droid World also but figured more people would see it here.

2. burgeke

burgeke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everything I have found on this seems to indicate that the kernel does not have ipv6 built in nor offered as an external module. Insmod fails because the module is not there.

3. Paul1201

Paul1201 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for doing some digging on this also. I really love the battery life I get with P3's kernel so I guess I have to wait and see if P3 adds this module in the future so that I can get Goggles to run.

4. burgeke

burgeke Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You are welcome. I really like P3's kernels but ipv6 is a showstopper for many. I'm currently using the slayher kernels and am happy with the performance vs stability balance.

Search tags for this page

complete ipv6 support on android