Ipod touch or samsung galaxy mp3 player

cubuff

Reaction score
What does everyone think about this comparison? I know one thing getting sick of waiting for the samsung mp3 player!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Detonation

Reaction score
If you already have a Droid 2, why get the Samsung Galaxy player? Its basically just an android device without calling capabilities, and from the looks of the specs and early reviews, is sub par compared to the D2.

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
Ya, that's what im doin now but with my job it would be nice to have a dedicated media player. Also face time chat would be nice when im in hotels to talk to family!

droidilac

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I am trying to understand why you would need a dedicated media player?

I have my D1 and I have a few movies on it and I use the mSpot app... You can store up to 2gbs of music on a cloud and it streams to your phone like Pandora and Slacker do.

When I travel I have my laptop with me and I also have an esternal hard drive loaded with music and movies....

If its face chat you want.... when are you do for an upgrade? there are some nice new phones coming out....

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
Thinking about it if I got a bigger sd card and was able to put all my music on it I really for have no reason for a dedicated mp3. Thanks for getting me thinking straight!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
What does everyone think about this comparison?
What I think doesn't matter unless your needs/wants happen to be identical to my own. I mean, as just one example: do your car's head units have iPod interfaces and does that matter to you (it does for me)?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moved to off topic, because I can't figure out if you're talking about a pod or a tablet. One thing I'm sure of is it isn't about the Droid so we'll just put it here.

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
Definitely would wait for xoom if I was to get tablet also.

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
What is in your opinions the best media player for your android device?

Beka27

Reaction score
I have a classic 160gig ipod for my music collection. I needed that much space to fit what I have and still have a bit of wiggle room. I see no point in an ipod touch if you already have an android device. If you only need a music player, a more basic ipod (or other music player) should suffice, IMO. While I have some music on my phone, it's certainly not dedicated to music.

OP
cubuff

cubuff

Reaction score
I only have around 4000 songs so i'm gonna try using my phone with winamp or something as the player. I don't have ipod hook ups on my cars head units, just generic aux input. Hopefully it will work for me.