IPhone

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by Tillyswilly, Jan 10, 2011.

1. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    From what I understand, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the 4G on the iphone simply means the 4th generation. Not a 4g network.
    And even if it was 4G network, not everyone has 4g so it has to work on 3g too.

2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    you're wrong. if an iphone on VZW is billed as a 4g iphone it'll be a 4g/LTE phone..

3. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    This was from the verizon event posted on engadet

11:22AM Dan: We have a tremendous 3G network -- we want to be sure we can take advantage of that.

11:22AM Q: Why didn't you go the LTE route?

Tim: Two reasons -- the first gen LTW chipsets force design changes we wouldn't make. And Verizon customers told us they want the iPhone now. I can't tell you the number of times we've been asked 'when will it work on Verizon.'

ETA: Thank you for saying "your wrong" that was sooooooooooo nice (not). I did say correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't say be rude about it.

4. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    yeah i know...they announced an iphone4 today, not an iphone4g...what i'm saying is if they bill the iphone as a 4g iphone it will be because of LTE, not because of 4th generation. the point is...it hasn't happened yet. there is no iphone4g...what was announced today is the iphone4

5. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +106
    Yea you are correct I think. It should mean 3rd generation network and 4th generation network. Maybe it will be be able to operate on both depending on if the customer buys 3G or 4G. I guess we will see how it plays out on what Thursday? I am perfectly satisfied with my D2. Everything I want it to do it will do or I can modify it to do what I need it to. Its just a very user friendly device even though I will eventually get a 4G capable phone in the future and hopefully with a dual core. I will remain loyal to android for a while to come tho

Sent from my D2