IPhone vs Droid

skel1977

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the differance between these two phones? Verizon is always puching me towaerd the I phone, but I like my Bionic.:mad:

sure. Droid has about 10,000 bugs or technical problems that will effect you throughout your droid ownership life. Iphone has about 5.

The only thing that the Iphone does worse than droid is the music. I hate itunes.

shalou

Reaction score
That sounds a lot better than saying they keep their market closed so they can make all of the money. Just look at the requirement to make an app for them. Pay pay pay. This comes from a macbook pro i7 owner. No offence but it sounds like you work for them.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Yeah the OS is bug free because it is actually doing a lot less. Using that logic, a feature phone is better than an iPhone. The iPhone has 5 more bugs than my enV2 had.

I have friends with iPhones and I never enjoy using them. You always have to jump through hoops to do anything it seems like. My roommate is having to reset his Apple ID password (again)...Apple keeps forcing him to reset it for no reason. He cannot even "buy" free apps without it.

Google has never forced me to change my GMail password, and my phone never forgets it.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
My personal choice is android because it fits me and what I wanna do. The iPhone is a good device as well. Go with the device that fits you(there is no "best" phone out there but there are phones that suit you better than others). Since you're happy with your Bionic just stick with it.

Sent from my Liberated R2D2 via Droidfourm app

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
I'm kinda of regretting not getting an iphone. The hardware is better than anything else I have laid my hands on. The reason I went Android was the Bionic was just released when I upgraded my original droid, Bionic has 4G on Verizon (iphone only has 3g), and Screen is bigger on the Bionic. Come to find out the iphone screen is much clearer and easier on the eyes. Siri is just amazing on the iphone, and syncing with icloud would be a plus seeing how most of my other devices are apple. Seems almost all aftermarket car stereos support the iphone and will control it. Very few offer android control. For the average user I am not seeing any benefit to android based phones over the iphone.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda of regretting not getting an iphone. The hardware is better than anything else I have laid my hands on. The reason I went Android was the Bionic was just released when I upgraded my original droid, Bionic has 4G on Verizon (iphone only has 3g), and Screen is bigger on the Bionic. Come to find out the iphone screen is much clearer and easier on the eyes. Siri is just amazing on the iphone, and syncing with icloud would be a plus seeing how most of my other devices are apple. Seems almost all aftermarket car stereos support the iphone and will control it. Very few offer android control. For the average user I am not seeing any benefit to android based phones over the iphone.

No offense, but the Bionic was hyped up and delayed for months. When it was released, the it was only the high end phone for a month or so, then other phones came out with better screens, better radios and more features. So the phone was kind of a failure for how it was marketed. It wouldn't have been a bad middle grade Android phone, but it wasn't the super phone everybody (including Motorola) made it out to be.

As far as stereo connectivity, yes, the iPhone has more integration, but only because of the iPod touch and the fact that the iPhone is more standard. There are tons of Android devices out there, so there is no way a head unit manufacturer could make all or most compatible. That being said, I have a Kenwood Excelon headunit in my truck and my Droid X connects fine via USB like a flashdrive. It also connects just fine to the Microsoft Sync system in my parent's Ford. I'm not missing anything over my iPod touch.

MIUI 2012.3.23

Last edited:

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
No offense, but the Bionic was hyped up and delayed for months. When it was released, the it was only the high end phone for a month or so, then other phones came out with better screens, better radios and more features. So the phone was kind of a failure for how it was marketed. It wouldn't have been a bad middle grade Android phone, but it wasn't the super phone everybody (including Motorola) made it out to be.

As far as stereo connectivity, yes, the iPhone has more integration, but only because of the iPod touch and the fact that the iPhone is more standard. There are tons of Android devices out there, so there is no way a head unit manufacturer could make all or most compatible. That being said, I have a Kenwood Excelon headunit in my truck and my Droid X connects fine via USB like a flashdrive. It also connects just fine to the Microsoft Sync system in my parent's Ford. I'm not missing anything over my iPod touch.

MIUI 2012.3.23

Well believe it or not I still don't know why everyone hates the Bionic. Mine has been almost flawless. I maybe have done 3 battery pulls since I owned it beginning of October. Other than maybe the amount of pixels in the screen I am not sure what the Razr or any android phone would do better for most tasks. The 4G data is real nice and the phone is so much faster and more stable than my original motorola droid. Even if the specs are already out of date I am not waiting on my phone. Seems plenty fast.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like I said before, it was because it was labeled as the phone of all phones and hyped up. It was destined for failure even though its not a bad device. Then even the manufacturer showed little confidence in it when they released a better phone a short time later.

MIUI 2012.3.23

Anthony152

Reaction score
There's a ton of these threads on here lately with good info. You might look there
ht1.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg