iPhone vs Droid operating fluidity?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by itwerk, Feb 27, 2010.

1. natty_lite

natty_lite Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its by design. It uses animations to transition between actions that don't happen instantly. The experience is very controlled. For example, the scrolling on the browser isn't kinetic, ie: you can't scroll for long distances on and single flick in Mobile Safari like you can on the Android Browser.

As far as I can tell, the browser scrolling on the stock Android apps transition pretty damn good. 3rd party applications aren't always up to the same level of quality, unfortunately.

2. SinCitySRT4

SinCitySRT4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my droid runs just fine to me. Then again the OP is the same person who started a thread to ask whats the best iphone theme for his droid. i dont see the point of these "the iphone does this better" threads. i think someone has the wrong phone.

#14 SinCitySRT4, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  3. itwerk

itwerk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do love the iPhone. But Id rather have Verizon over at&t any day. But I love the Droid too.
    It's amazing.

4. gotta have that funk

Ratings:
    +0
    if you like the iphone because its "smoother", then leave us and go get an iphone, no one will care if you're here or not. this isnt directed at anyone in particular, but if you're dumb and want a smartphone, the iphone is the ultimate idiots smartphone...and there seem to be a plethora of idiots who decided a droid was a good idea because they saw all the commercials, then blame the phone and android for not doing what they want because they're too simple to figure it out. it's embarassing..

5. jphudy

jphudy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know about you all, but my Droid runs butter-smooth. It's @ 1Ghz. Its kinda like a rocketship.

6. gotta have that funk

Ratings:
    +0
    ^agreed. my droid runs twice the processor speed, at twice the resolution, on a network more than twice as reliable as at&t...

give android 2-3 more years and see where it is then compared to where iphone is now in 2010...it'll be a hilarious comparison.

7. kevin1016

kevin1016 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed. The iPhone/iPod Touch is definitely smoother. I'm very satisfied with the Droid and I've got it overclocked but I'm not going to lie, it's just the truth. Even overclocked, the Droid has a slight lag at times. I'd be surprised to hear from a Droid owner that has never seen their phone lag during transitions.

8. SinCitySRT4

SinCitySRT4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    no doubt theres some lag on the droid at times but its hard to compare it to the iphone when the iphone only runs one thing at a time and the droid is multitasking

#20 SinCitySRT4, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  9. kenkamm

kenkamm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The reason the iPhone works more smoothly than the Droid isn't because the iPhone doesn't multitask and it's not because it has lower resolution. It's because Apple chose to make the fluid interface a priority and they made sure the software was written that way. Apple is a stickler for little details like that. It uses OpenGL to render the graphical interface, and the droid does not.

I like the Droid, and I liked my iPhone too. Right now I'm using the Droid because it has more of the features I like today than the iPhone does. So all the people that come out of their holes to shout, "if u dont like ur droid go bak to ur iphone" just need to crawl back into their little holes, because you are just as much of a "fanboy" as the iPhone users are. I'm not a fanboy, I use what's good, and change it up once in a while to keep it interesting.

The resolution argument isn't valid because the hardware on these phones is MORE than capable of rendering fluid graphics at the resolution the Droid has - it's a matter of writing software to take advantage of it.

The multitasking argument isn't valid either, because anyone who has a jailbroken iPhone can tell you that you can install Backgrounder and run Pandora and whatever else you want in the background, and magically, it works great. The browser still flows smoothly as do all the window animation and transitions.

I'm running my Droid at 1 GHz with the lowest overhead I can manage, and I'm not going to fool myself into thinking the graphical interface is on par with the iPhone. That's not the Droid's strong suit. That doesn't make it a bad device by any means.

And to all those that say their Droid is as smooth as butter - good for you. You haven't used an iPhone long enough to see the difference. That's a gift. Keep it and enjoy the Droid more for it!

Now that I've said all that, I'll be sticking with Android until Apple can allow some basic things on their device without the need to jailbreak. :)

10. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe some of you hating so much on the iphone.... be truthful to yourself and call it like it is. If you think the droid is as smooth as the iphone then you haven't used both phones long enough.

There is no reason to be a loyalist, it serves no useful purpose.

11. SinCitySRT4

SinCitySRT4 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just dont understand why they are always being compared when they are two completely different phones.

12. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's because everyone knows the iphone is the most popular phone in the market over the last 4 years. It's been the one on top and every phone manufacture knows it's the one to compare too. As for them being different? They really do go after the same market.

Search tags for this page

android fluidity

android vs ipod fluidity
fluidity game android
fluidity of iphone
html5 fluidity android

iphone fluidity

i phone jokes vs droid