iPhone user here looking for new Android phone

bigjunior45

Reaction score
Whats up everybody!!!

I currently own an iPhone 4 (Verizon) and I'm looking to go back to the Android phones. I haven't had any problems with my iPhone but I'm sick of iTunes and basically Apple wants your money, now you can purchase 5-10 second text alerts for .99 cents.....awesome (sarcasm).

Anyways I'm currently looking at the Rezound and the Nexus. I don't browse this site very often so I really don't know any upcoming fixes for the Nexus so bare with me and I appologize if I'm beating a dead horse here.

I like the Rezound and they only complaint I've heard was poor battery. With the Nexus I like the screen size and the look plus its Samsung and I love my Samsung LED TV's (46" and 52") and camera. The only thing I've heard negative about the Nexus is the reception and camera. I use the camera on my iPhone a lot so thats a huge thing seems like the video stabilization is bad with some sort of "wave" effect. Reception is a big must too. I haven't heard anything about the noise cancelation but when I had the Samsung Fascinate the noise cancellation on that was horrid and made phone conversations unbearable.

In the 4.0.3 update what is that suppose to fix? Will the Camera (video stabilization, wave effect) some what be fixed with the 4.0.3 update?

Thanks for you time in reading this

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really it all boils down to what you plan on doing with your phone.

If you're going to be a "casual" phone user and not get into the whole hacking/theming/rooting aspect of your phone, I'd definitely go with the Rezound if you don't mind missing out on ICS for probably 4-6+months. The phone really is great and the screen is beautiful.

However, if you have the iPhone and were into jailbreaking and whatnot, the GNex is definitely for you. The Dev support is AMAZING. It was amazing already the first day it came out. And.. it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet. Just think about where we will be a month from now.

The signal problems seem to be hit and miss right now, but people are reporting it to go away. Not everyone though, mind you. I personally have no signal problems and the battery life for me is great. Not to mention, this thing charges REALLY fast if you ever need a quick charge before going somewhere.

The camera.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...79-photos-taken-your-galaxy-nexus-thread.html - The camera is just fine! The quality is not THE best I suppose, but it's nothing that should bother you if you're just posting pictures on facebook, twitter, google+, tumblr, etc. But I suppose if you're looking to print them as well, then yes, it's not for you as it's on 8MP. And in that case, no phone camera is really for you as 8 isn't very high either to be honest. Plus, you get the awesome editing features it comes with stock and the amazing shutter lag to show off to your friends. And the 1080p video is GREAT. Phonedog on YouTube has a video up on it if you want to check it out.

The design in my opinion looks a lot better then the Rezound and is less bulky. The Rezound however does feel a bit more safe in the hand if you were to drop it though, but the Nexus is no slouch. It's hardware is just fine. Everyone has their opinions, but it's not bad like some people like to try and point out. Hold it yourself if you haven't already. I will tell you this.. the back of the phone is a bit slippery.

Anyways, good luck on finding your phone!

Insidious

Reaction score
Whats up everybody!!!

I currently own an iPhone 4 (Verizon) and I'm looking to go back to the Android phones. I haven't had any problems with my iPhone but I'm sick of iTunes and basically Apple wants your money, now you can purchase 5-10 second text alerts for .99 cents.....awesome (sarcasm).

Anyways I'm currently looking at the Rezound and the Nexus. I don't browse this site very often so I really don't know any upcoming fixes for the Nexus so bare with me and I appologize if I'm beating a dead horse here.

I like the Rezound and they only complaint I've heard was poor battery. With the Nexus I like the screen size and the look plus its Samsung and I love my Samsung LED TV's (46" and 52") and camera. The only thing I've heard negative about the Nexus is the reception and camera. I use the camera on my iPhone a lot so thats a huge thing seems like the video stabilization is bad with some sort of "wave" effect. Reception is a big must too. I haven't heard anything about the noise cancelation but when I had the Samsung Fascinate the noise cancellation on that was horrid and made phone conversations unbearable.

In the 4.0.3 update what is that suppose to fix? Will the Camera (video stabilization, wave effect) some what be fixed with the 4.0.3 update?

Thanks for you time in reading this

Just to throw in my opinion onthe Nexus' camera. I think its great. I compared with the rezound, and the Nexus took a better picture. All you need to do is focus and you'll end up with a nice crisp picture. When you go to buy your phone, I reccomend target. Yes, Target. The dude there offered my $75 off of the Nexus, and its all around cheaper than corporate stores.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I was having problems with my Nexus but most of those problems seem to have gone away. I did swap the phone for a new one and am also on the new radio. I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it is much better now.

I don't seem to be dropping service like I did which makes me wonder if it was the network.

When I first got my Thunderbolt it had GPS issues and network issues. After a few weeks it all seemed to get resolved. I think there may be something like this going on here also.

I would have no problem recommending the Nexus. I guess it just depends on what you want from your phone. The developer participation in this phone will be second to none.

OP
bigjunior45

bigjunior45

Reaction score
Thanks for replying back.

I'm probably not going to root the Nexus if I do choose to go with that phone because when I jailbroke my iPhone 4 it seemed to give me tons of problems.

I guess I'm just more worried about the video quality than the camera quality cause there seems to be several videos on YouTube where the video has a "wave" effect so I don't know if its YouTube problem or the phone itself. Heres a link to one of the videos and theres even people commenting on this "wave" effect but someone commented that the 4.0.3 should bring video stablization lol who knows.
[video=youtube;bxTy9ZqHBWs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxTy9ZqHBWs[/video]

Anyways thanks for the response back guys.

gniss39

Reaction score
I got a 4S at the beginning of November upgrading from an OG Droid. I really like it, it was very fluid and smooth and the camera was great. However even though it was my first iPhone I started getting bored of iOS and bought a nexus at retail and will probably sell the 4S on eBay.
I already am loving the increase in screen size, ICS and csbt wait to flash custom ROMs and kernels as I did that with my OG. The camera is not as good but I feel it gets the job done for always having a camera on you. The 4S still didn't take as good of pictures as my 4 year old point and shoot when blown up on my computer.
So far I think I will keep the Nexus. Still need to use it a few more days (got it last night) before deciding but its so hard for me to go back to the 4S on that small screen!
Let me know if you have any questions. I knew I read these forums a lot and researched all the comparison articles I could before diving in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Nubbie

Reaction score
I enjoy my nexus a lot. camera is totally fine. time-lapse, camera effects, panorama is lots of fun.
HOWEVER I have terrible reception. Hoping it will work out. (update)

My friends with iphones are blown away by the screen and how awesome the phone looks and feels. Thats not even including their complete ignorance for how much better the OS is in it compared to ios.

Im Up in the air with battery usage. I dont seem to get the greatest time out of my charges. but I use the thing. so i dunno.

gniss39

Reaction score
Oh and I never took video on the 4S and haven't on the Nexus yet so I can't give my input on that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bmkdroid

Reaction score
Like gniss39 I also had purchased an iPhone 4s and greatly enjoyed the smoothness and fluidity of iOS. However there were also some things that really bothered me.

First, I didn't like it being glass on front and back, it made my quite paranoid!
Second, I was quite annoyed when I attempted to download an app that was 21MB and it told me I HAD to be on wifi to do so... I have unlimited data, I should be able to download as large an app I want to over 3g. Really disliked that although I'm sure jailbreaking can solve that, just wasn't a fan.
Third, the battery life was not as amazing as I had expected from talking to friends about iPhone 4 and 4s, but I think maybe I got a bad unit or something as compared to my friends 4s mine got about half the battery life and I had more settings turned off in attempts to save battery!
Last, I just got bored. Although on my OG Droid I never really used widgets, i hated the fact that iOS just was literally a 4x4 grid of icons that I didn't have much control over. I like to sort of position my icons so that they fit around whatever wallpaper I use.

Now that I have the Nexus, I am pretty happy. However, I also have a few issues with the Nexus... Having used iOS for a few weeks, the smoothness of the transitions is something I miss, although ICS on the Nexus is about the closest in fluidity that I have seen on Android! Also, I have experienced a few random reboots. Probably about 4 over the past 2 weeks of having the device so it isn't a large amount by any means, but not good that they literally happened while the phone was simply sitting idle. Never a good thing to hear your phone vibrate thinking you received a message and look down to see it rebooting!

Other than that, if you are sure you want to make the jump to Android, I think the Nexus is a great device to choose!

OP
bigjunior45

bigjunior45

Reaction score
I'm sold on the Nexus. After looking through the photo thread that was linked into this thread it gave me a sense of relief that not all pictures are going to be perfect but with some editing the picture quality should improve. I'm hoping that the 4.0.3 update will improve the video stabilization and reception. I'll probably sell my iPhone 4 on Craigslist or Ebay.

Bye bye iPhone 4......Hello Nexus.

MrKleen

Reaction score
You don't have to worry about having problems if you root the Nexus. It is made for rooting and roms.