iPhone on Verizon....

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by kevin1016, Jan 14, 2010.

1. kevin1016

kevin1016 New Member

Haven't seen this posted yet. Maybe because it doesn't really directly relate to the Droid but, apparently, Verizon went public today about adding the iPhone to the Verizon phone lineup. I don't have a link. I was talking to a manger for Verizon today and he said the announcement was suppose to "go public" today.
  2. NickWgnr

NickWgnr New Member

No link no proof! Haha. I've heard acouple times about the iSUCK coming to Verizon and all the issues blah blah blah but I haven't ever seen anything overly official about this happening. Anyone have a legit link to facts on this?

Wagner :motdroidvert:
  3. Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule New Member

"Went public" and "suppose to go public" are different.

I didn't read/hear anything about it.

And if Verizon does get the iPhone, June 29 would be the earliest as ATT has exclusive rights until then.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  4. li2327

li2327 New Member

I would get an iphone with verizon. I miss my iphone but my signal with AT&T was terrible.
  5. kevin1016

kevin1016 New Member

I know, I'm just posting what I was told from a manager at Verizon today. He said that Verizon "went public" today with an announcement about bringing the iPhone 4G to Verizon. I don't really care if I'm wrong or right, just relaying information from a manager at Verizon. Maybe he was flat out lying, I don't know.
  6. Edmvr6

Edmvr6 New Member

I heard that Apple has an event going on I think 1/27/2010, and rumors are going around that they might make announcment about the Iphone to Verizon, this is just a rumor. I wont believe it till I actually have real proof.
  7. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

8. droid d'oh

droid d'oh New Member

I'll probably have to get it and jailbreak it. This Droid touchscreen and no multi touch is so far very disappointing. Google seems to not be taking this challenge seriously.
  9. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

You would downgrade to the iphone?
  10. 640k

640k Active Member

DROID has mutlitouch.
  11. marcfogel

marcfogel New Member

I would hardly call it a downgrade unless you run the iPhone on AT&T.
  12. Sodner

Sodner New Member

I waited and waited for Verizon to get the iPhone. Now that I have my Droid, I would not switch if they gave me one for free.
  13. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

This will become just like PC vs MAC... everyone will have their opinions about each. Bottom line is they both have great features and are lacking in other areas.

Personally:
    The iPhone will be for those that like the idea of MAC/Apple: here's your product, thanks for paying 3x more than it's worth so you can be 'in' and you MUST use it how we say.
    The Droid will be the PC: it's your hardware do as much or as little with it as you like. Play with your OS (or even change your OS). Oh and enjoy the extra $$$, heck buy two for the cost of 1 Apple:icon_ banana:.

AFB firebombing to commence in 3, 2, 1.... :icon_ devil:
  14. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

Although I don't have the droid yet, I'm in the same boat, I've wanted an iphone forever but I'm so stoked fo rthe droid, I don't think iphone to verizon news will change my decision to get one.
  15. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I swear, you can tell that to folks a million times, and they will still argue with you about it.....
  16. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Some people just don't want (or NEED) a serious phone. Flashy games are more important to some folks.
  17. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Well, when it's not supported by the OS than it's really meaningless. Generally the are referring to the phones current capabilities not to it's potential, which is a valid perspective. The majority of people buy products for what they can currently do. Not what they have the 'potential' to do. And from the reviews I've read the multitouch functionality in Dolphin is 'functional' but not really impressive or useful. While I love multitouch on my HP Media desktop I really don't see much of a use/need for it on my phone, I generally only use one hand to interface with the phone so I wouldn't use it much anyway. But that's me. The AFBs and others are going to look for ANY little thing they can to justify their following of the iPhone.:icon_ devil:
  18. 640k

640k Active Member

still wrong. multitouch is FULLY support by the Android OS. it's the apps that don't have multitouch builtin. you verified this yourself by downloading Dolphin.
  19. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

If Apple introduced an iphone with a dual core processor with 1.5 to 2.0ghz speed, running on Verizon as is rumored, it would be difficult to resist.
  20. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

:icon_ owned:... Duh, you got me there.

I'll amend my statement by adding that in that instance I am referring to 'OS' as most normal users would, meaning the actual OS (Android) and all of the included packages and add-ons from both Google and Moto (seeing as most users will not realize where the OS ends and the extras begin). So it's easy to see how the major of people will look at the Droid and say it doesn't have multi-touch. Again to most users supporting something means nothing if they don't see it being utilized. Thanks for setting me straight.