iPhone on Verizon?? Nah...They're scared of Droid!

Reaction score
Really, I wish the rumors would quit. If Apple was to put iPhone head-to-head with a real Android device on a REAL network... together??? ... it would take about an hour before the EARTH knows who makes the better device ...and Apple (unfortunately) doesn't want that.

Last edited:

rgn2000

Reaction score
Really, I wish the rumors would quit. If Apple was to put iPhone head-to-head with a real Android device on a REAL network... together??? ... it would take about an hour before the EARTH knows who makes the better device ...and Apple (unfortunately) doesn't want that.

Hardcores would know who makes the better phone. Unfortunately mainstreamers will always think the Iphone is better. The only thing we can hope for is Android continues to grow and hopefully by the time Iphone gets on Verizon it won't be as big of an impact.

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The iPhone on the Verizon network would be a HUGE seller. It's AT&T, not Apple, that has the most to lose if that eventuality comes about.

Mojo

Reaction score
I welcome an iPhone on VZW too. I would love to be able to sell em! And alot would sell

GrillMouster

Reaction score
Facts and figures about which phone is superior would be meaningless if the iPhone came to VZW. The unwashed masses view the iPhone as cool and chic, and that's enough to sell millions if the device. If Apple brought the iPhone to VZW it would quickly curb the marketshare upswing of Android and turn the tide back in favor of Apple. Let's face it, the folks who frequent this and other Android "fan" sites do not make up the majority of VZW customers. I'd say that easily half of the current Android phone owners would jump ship to iPhone and half of the current iPhone fanboys would jump over to VZW, but stick with an iPhone if Apple came to VZW.

Android needs to QUICKLY improve its user experience and its handling of media (hopefully they go a long way with Gingerbread) if they want to complete with an iPhone on VZW.

sphen22

Reaction score
if the ifone came to vzw the universe would implode.

KevinJ

Reaction score
I'd say that easily half of the current Android phone owners would jump ship to iPhone and half of the current iPhone fanboys would jump over to VZW, but stick with an iPhone if Apple came to VZW.

Android needs to QUICKLY improve its user experience and its handling of media (hopefully they go a long way with Gingerbread) if they want to complete with an iPhone on VZW.

More needs to be done than just Android improving. They need to get the developers on board with coding for Android OS.

I posted months ago that I would indeed "make the switch" to iPhone if it came to VZW. My reasoning was (and still is) that for what I need in the way of apps (for my work and my hobbies), they don't exist on Android. I counted over 40 apps last time that I could get at that moment on iPhone, but not on Android. And, like I said before, I have contacted the developers of most of the apps, and they have no plans to make Android versions of their programs.

Sorry, but in this case, I have no brand loyalty. :)

GqSkrub

Reaction score
There's no money in Android (compared to on the iPhone) and on top of that it's a pain to code for Android due to all the different resolutions, different OS versions...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's no money in Android (compared to on the iPhone) and on top of that it's a pain to code for Android due to all the different resolutions, different OS versions...

Awww....can't handle a challenge?

That's OK we have plenty of Devs who don't seem to have an issue with it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Awww....can't handle a challenge?

That's OK we have plenty of Devs who don't seem to have an issue with it.

Unfortunately, Hook, that sort of response simply avoids the problems the poster correctly notes. To be successful the Android platform needs more than some committed fanboys coding for it. I've been watching the Android Market since last November, and while there have definitely been improvements in both the scope and quality of apps developed for it, it remains a hacker's platform, not a viable commercial competitor to the iPhone platform.

Without committed capital to apps that take advantage of the Android's unique features and a willingness of consumers to pay for those apps, the iPhone will continue to outstrip Android devices both in mainstream apps and in the numerous "niche" applications that make the iPhone so appealing to so many different markets.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i hate to say it if the iPhone comes to verizon the android sales will decline to almost nothing.

the only reason the droid has sold so many devices is because people that dont want to leave verizon but want an iphone type device...

if the iphone comes watch how many people drop their droids for it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Android isn't gonna die because of the iPhone on VZW.

Personally, I hope to never see it on VZW.

The iPhone will be behind Android phones in technology in a years time. Watch.
You can only repackage the same device over and over and over so many times before people want something more....