iPhone Keyboard App?

tha]-[acksaw

Reaction score
I don't want to get started on the whole iPhone vs Droid thing, cause I flat out love my Droid.

But I did a little texting on my buddies iPhone the other day. I realized why I like their virtual keyboard better. Instead of butting the buttons up against each other, they make them smaller and then put gaps between the keys. The accuracy is much much better, cause there is never a button that touches the edge of another button. I was ripping on this phone where I have lots of mistakes on mine. I realize that I can use the real keyboard, which I love. I'm just looking for a better solution to the virtual keyboard.

Anyone using any 3rd party keyboard apps that get the button style closer to the way it is on the iPhone?

Thanks so much!

Thefamous1

Reaction score
I believe the iPhone's screen is actually slightly bigger in terms of portrait length. I compared it to my iPod Touch and that's what it looked like. If you are going to type on the screen I would use it in landscape because the Droid's screen is longer, which should give it a better landscape keyboard - but I haven't compared them.

I use the physical keyboard no matter what though (I came from the enV and enV 2). I can't stand typing in portrait on the Droid, landscape isn't that bad though.. pretty nice actually

mjs31

Reaction score
I don't want to get started on the whole iPhone vs Droid thing, cause I flat out love my Droid.

But I did a little texting on my buddies iPhone the other day. I realized why I like their virtual keyboard better. Instead of butting the buttons up against each other, they make them smaller and then put gaps between the keys. The accuracy is much much better, cause there is never a button that touches the edge of another button. I was ripping on this phone where I have lots of mistakes on mine. I realize that I can use the real keyboard, which I love. I'm just looking for a better solution to the virtual keyboard.

Anyone using any 3rd party keyboard apps that get the button style closer to the way it is on the iPhone?

Thanks so much!

Better keyboard may have an Iphone skin...might check it out in the market.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If we could just get a damn multi touch virtual keyboard, all would be well. Yes, I know about Swype and really like it. I still want a regular keyboard, but I am no where near as efficient without multi touch.

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
Im using SWYPE...it solved that problem for me. OR you can download Better Keyboard. Its 3 bucks but worth it.

imiller913

Reaction score
the iphone screen is wider than droid that is why they can space the letters out a little bit.

alm0614

Reaction score
the keyboard is multitouch. if you had it before the 2.0.1 update you would definitely have noticed when it didnt have multitouch initially

imiller913

Reaction score
the keyboard is multitouch. if you had it before the 2.0.1 update you would definitely have noticed when it didnt have multitouch initially

the droid keyboard has multitouch? Nice I didn't know that I did feel that the keyboard was working better

sengkangboy

Reaction score
Im using SWYPE...it solved that problem for me. OR you can download Better Keyboard. Its 3 bucks but worth it.

My market doesnt have paid apps, where can i go find and download Better Keyboard. All it shows when i do a search are the Better Keyboard Skins. I couldnt find the paid version on the website either.

Any help ?

crownroyal

Reaction score
better keyboard, with darkgray skin is the best I have found for this, hope it helps

Reaction score
better keyboard with the iphone skin is what i've been usin for the past couple days...i only typed on the iphone a couple times but it seems pretty close.

mach330

Reaction score

really? i don't think so. if it had multitouch, then you can hold caps key one hand, and keep typing on the other hand (while it types all caps). i do agree however, that 2.0.1 was better as far as virtual keyboard response.