iPhone haters?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea like some have said, I dont hate the iPhone. I actually started a positive thread about that antenna design right before the whole antenna gate popped off...cant find it right now but...

I hate some of the ways Apple does business. Antennagate left a lasting impression. Not so much "how can they do that, say that" but "how can they do that say that to their customers"

What I do notice is the cons for the iPhone, just like I do with Android phones. The cons of the iPhone.....the cons of Android....I always say pick which cons u can live with and you'll be fine. Right now its Android for me.

DavesPPC

Reaction score
I have a droid x...but will seriously consider an iphone once Verizon offers it. Mostly for my hundreds of itunes movies, tv shows, and thousands of songs bought from itunes.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

richie1105

Reaction score
I would love to have an iphone 4, just like the way it looks, if you didnt have to use itunes, I might just of had 1

Sent from my U20i using DroidForums App

DAVID2010

Reaction score
Ios and android fans

UNC: The "HATE" goes both ways. There are fanatics on all sides. Some of the things Apple fanatics say are just as crazy, stupid, and wrong as any you may see here. I know the pro's and con's to each OS. I am able to remind these Apple fans that the iPhone is not without it's faults and weaknesses. Just as I can do with Android fanatics.
It's just human nature how some people get. I'm just glad that the majority of people are not that extreme.
Competition is a great thing. I like Android and I hope it continues to get better and better as it grows.
ANDROID ROCKS!! dancedroid:greendroid:
HAHA

ret

Reaction score
I don't think there is a hatred of Apple from the people that are vocal but more of an intolerance to their ways and those that blindly follow them.

Case in point antennae gate....

Steve Jobs: "You're holding it wrong"

Apple Crowd: "Ohhhhhh I see. My bad."

Both statement and comment are outlandish but are acceptable within that circle.

The "haters" are appalled that Steve would even say that and even more appalled that the users accept it.

These types of things drive the intolerance..
I hadn't heard of this, just googled it (Sited here.) and really have only 2 things to say.

One, what an awful design for the engineers to put the antenna at the bottom in a commonly held position if they knew (which they should because that's a pretty simple concept to grasp) that the reception would suffer.
Two, awful customer support. Does say a lot about the customers to just be like, "Oh okay," but still awful customer support.

I haven't really been a fan of Apple since they released there newer line of macbooks and similar computers a few years ago. I've always used Microsoft and honestly, have never had problems with crashes or data loss that I didn't do myself. I tried Ubuntu (Linux for you non geeks) out for a while and loved it, but missed the compatibility so I'm back to Windows 7, will likely soon dual boot after I clean up my old desktop's hard drive and re-download Ubuntu.

I have an Ipod Touch (First Gen) and love it. But while it is a fantastic piece of hardware, it's not without it's problems, and I had to jailbreak it to really enjoy it. Granted, part of that is just how I am. I rooted my droid within the first 2-3 weeks I had it and haven't looked back. :p