iPhone games look and feel so much better

JCapricorn

Reaction score
Will the arrival of Flash for the Droid help create games that don't lag and feel so, "PC", (for lack of a better word.)?

All the games on my iTouch look great and def. don't lag at all or force close suddenly for no reason. In my experience, Mac stuff simply works and the droid def. feels like a dang PC. *shrug* I like my Droid and would never consider AT&T, but the apps avail. for the iPhone are so much better.

ronimous

Reaction score
Seriously, how much is Apple paying you guys to come here and say "I have a Droid, but I like the Iphone better."

I see several posts like this everyday. Doesn't pass the smell test....

bbcrackman

Reaction score
That is really not a fair comparison. The IPhone apps and IPod apps are 4 years in the making. I had one of the first IPhones and I have to say the selection was limited and pitiful in the beginning as well, if I do say so myself. Given time the Android app selection and quality will increase as well. Though I do have to say that it is not as bad as some.

OP
JCapricorn

JCapricorn

Reaction score
I def. have a Droid. I do not have an I phone. I have the iTouch. I would never use AT&T. The Droid in many, many way is far superior to the the iTouch. Being able to run multiple apps is a huge bonus. I love being able to fully customize every aspect of the droid. From widgets to individual setting, it's awesome. The screen feels 100 times better than the iTouch. All three keyboards are awesome and only had a short learning curve. I remember when I first started typing on the iTouch adn it was a total pain in the ass. Not so with the droid. And the camera and video is also kick ass!

That being said, the games all suck for the most part and was very disappointed when Gameloft bailed. I'm sure time will help with developers. I just needed to vent and point that out.

I could go on and on about why I think the Droid is a better device than the iPhone/iTouch. It's the ap department that is a little disappointing.

OP
JCapricorn

JCapricorn

Reaction score
gameloft-android-logo.jpg

Reuters reported on game developers cutting back on investments in developing games for the android platform. Because of the varying devices that can run android, it makes it difficult for a game developer to create software that will run uniformly on all of those devices. This would have been bad news but GameLoft has announced that it will be releasing mobile games in high def. for certain android devices. The Droid and the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to be more specific.
Because of the technological capacity and speed of execution, there is a much better and more marketable platform for game developement. Until the Android gets to the level iPhone is at, if it ever does, you can expect a string of low-budget throwaway games. This is hopefully a positive step for the android OS.

Android Games From GameLoft – Advanced High Definition Games Launch Planned For The OS | izGadget

ThisIsMyName

Reaction score
Will the arrival of Flash for the Droid help create games that don't lag and feel so, "PC", (for lack of a better word.)?

All the games on my iTouch look great and def. don't lag at all or force close suddenly for no reason. In my experience, Mac stuff simply works and the droid def. feels like a dang PC. *shrug* I like my Droid and would never consider AT&T, but the apps avail. for the iPhone are so much better.

I just started using my Droid, but I haven't noticed any lag at all and all of the decent apps seem to run smoothly. What are you running when you lag/have to force quit?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is really not a fair comparison. The IPhone apps and IPod apps are 4 years in the making. I had one of the first IPhones and I have to say the selection was limited and pitiful in the beginning as well, if I do say so myself. Given time the Android app selection and quality will increase as well. Though I do have to say that it is not as bad as some.

+1 on this comment. You cannot compare the two. Two totally different playing fields.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
gameloft-android-logo.jpg

Reuters reported on game developers cutting back on investments in developing games for the android platform. Because of the varying devices that can run android, it makes it difficult for a game developer to create software that will run uniformly on all of those devices. This would have been bad news but GameLoft has announced that it will be releasing mobile games in high def. for certain android devices. The Droid and the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to be more specific.
Because of the technological capacity and speed of execution, there is a much better and more marketable platform for game developement. Until the Android gets to the level iPhone is at, if it ever does, you can expect a string of low-budget throwaway games. This is hopefully a positive step for the android OS.

Android Games From GameLoft – Advanced High Definition Games Launch Planned For The OS | izGadget
This has since changed...thats old news.

Gameloft has since re-entered the Android arena.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Seriously, how much is Apple paying you guys to come here and say "I have a Droid, but I like the Iphone better."

I see several posts like this everyday. Doesn't pass the smell test....
ronimous it comes with the territory..

The Droid is a very popular device.

G

Grimster

I agree. I have the ipod touch and the games on Apples App market are far superior to anything that is currently on Android market. There is no contest here.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Disagree.

Download an emulator/rom combination and you will be enlightened. No mobile game on any device (Whether iPhone related or not) can ever truly touch the significance of these vintage classic games (Except maybe Quake/or an upcoming similar natured FPS).

Test it out for yourself...from RPGs to adventure to sports etc etc etc....

Mojo

Reaction score
One of the reasons iPhone games are better is because you have 8gigs or more of memory/storage to run your apps from. Google is working on a solution to be able to run apps from the SD card, when that happens you will see better games for the droid. As developers will be able to make larger files with their games. As it stands it is hard to make a good game with great graphics and keep it small enough to run on the droids internal memory. Look at some of games file size for the iphone/itouch. They are huge compared to games availble on the droid.

silverx10

Reaction score
I haven't really played any graphically intense games for the DROID just yet, but I did play several games on the 3G whilst I was among the AT&T damned. First and foremost among those was the game Pocket God.

Though fun, this game proved to be the most hardware-taxing of all games I'd played, and I'll be damned if it didn't take it a long time to load. Once loaded though, you're right: it was pretty snappy, and there was hardly any lag.

No, it didn't "force close", but it gave me something worse than that: just... closing. At least the Force Close boxes tell me that the app has indeed crashed, whereas the iPhone's constantly quick and concise closing of an app just left me wondering what the hell happened.

And that happened a lot.

Give Android a bit more time. The iPhone has been around for years, something that Android can only now start bragging about (and by that, I mean that it's only been recently become years, plural).