iPhone Forum

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by Backnblack, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    If your getting a Verizon iPhone, you might want to check out our sister Forum over at iPhone Forums.net

2. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    I gotta say, for all the complaining some ppl do about it being so anti-Apple on this site, this is a major thing to do. And the sister iPhone 4 site. They didnt have to do this.

Big props to the owners, admins of this site. I wonder how many iPhone related sites have sections for Android phones...

3. Kanibull

Kanibull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tbh I think the iphone has a larger hacking community than all of android. It may not be as technical but it is a necessity for a lot of iphone users

4. Beka27

Beka27 Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Bravo! I agree, this is great!

5. TangoSucka

TangoSucka Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I made a post but some super mod killed it :p

Anywho, I'm jumping ship. I've got all my music in iTunes and iPhone hacking community is much bigger plus I can watch movies and shows with iTunes. Sorry droid, your days riding high atop Verizon is going to come crashing back down to earth. It may take till next summer with the iPhone 5 and LTE 4G, but still. It was fun while it lasted.

6. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I don't "own" this site, I'll bring this here. What is the purpose of this section? Maybe the name of the site should be changed to phoneforums.net? personally, i love this site for being android only, but just like everything else in this world, apple is the best so it should be here. oh well. /rant

7. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Since closing the forums is the way for you to get the last word in:

You're right, no one is forcing me. Give me a chance to hide all these iphone posts then. I don't want to come on here and have a million threads "iphone is da best" , "when can i get my new iphone??!?!"

8. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    To keep the iPhone discussion out of the android forums.

Is it that much of a mystery?

9. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it is. Considering this is an android site. Last I checked, apple os does not equal android. Is that too hard of math?

10. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    No it's not...the mystery is why you are closing threads where people respond to others (in the iphone section) who bash apple? Why you're telling me I'm confrontational for responding to a post that calls Steve Jobs an ahole. It's hypocrisy. If you're going to make an iphone subsection, then you need to police it unbiased. You can't let someone post "Apple sucks, steve jobs is an ahole!!!!" and then get mad at the person who calls that person an android fanboy.

Like I said, you have to have an iPhone section because the main forum will get overrun with iPhone threads. But if you're going to do that then you need to be unbiased. Posters and members will say a lot of stupid things (myself included) but you can't pick one over the other, especially when you provide a venue for both sides to talk.

11. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    But ill stop before I get in trouble. Sorry. Go ahead and delete my posts. I'll stay out of this apple/android os section.

12. bthomp21

bthomp21 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    well said, sorry I said something to you in the beginning man. I see what you mean now.

13. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    not a problem and i agree with you. it's funny that this forum even has an iphone section (but again...they have to), but if they do something like that then they can't play favorites. that makes them no better then the people who claim apple is all close minded.

14. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    And there are a lot of people on here that will be running both and would like to keep talking with people that they already know. Is that difficult? Perhaps you're right, we should remove this subforum and let these posts back into the general populace. Would that make you happy? This is an easy fix, you don't like it, then you don't have to read it, because people WILL post on here. But hey, we can take this sub away.

15. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    that's honestly not the issue. If you take the sub away that just makes your job harder, because you'll be on clean up duty all day. the point is if you provide a subforum you cant get mad at people who like apple (i'm not talking about you, I'm talking about some other mods). Obviously, most of the mods will prefer Android over apple, because this is an android forum. But you can't just give apple users/admirers a venue to speak and then warn, give out infractions and tell them to stop posting if they say something praising apple or not praising android. it's completely backwards. either delete the subsection and work overtime deleting the hundreds of "is the Iphone the best???!!" threads on the main forum, or be unbiased in your moderator duties in the iphone section. that's all anyone is really asking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.