1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

iPhone Firmware port

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by quittle, May 11, 2010.

1. quittle

quittle New Member

Does anyone know if someone has ported (idk if that is the proper word here) the iPhone firmware for the Droid. I know that they both have the same physical screen so they are both capable of delivering equal quality results but the iPhone is much better. I'm rooted but I haven't found anything like this anywhere. Has anyone made something I do an update.zip from and where can I get it? Really any way is fine.
  2. hobby31

hobby31 Member

I've not heard of it. I know someone ported android over to the iphone and is actually dual booting it. I've actually seen video of it. But I've never heard of it the other way around. I think the screens are different. I know the moto droid is supposed to have a higher resolution and I think the physical screen is larger. At lease longways. I know it's thinner sideways than the iphone. I think android is easier to modify and change making it easier to port over to the iphone.
  3. shmoo

shmoo New Member

Just curious but why would you want the iPhone firmware on your Droid. Sounds pretty sacramental to me. LOL
  4. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Did you....just ask for iPhone software on your Droid!? IPHONE!?

[​IMG]
  5. OSX2000

OSX2000 New Member

:blink: Wha??

They're not even close! The software doesn't care how many inches a screen is, it's pixels that matter. The iPhone's 480x320 display gets whooped by Droid's 854x480. Two iPhone screens side by side are still smaller than a single Droid display.
  6. quittle

quittle New Member

No, see, I don't want the iPhone OS or anything like that on my droid *blech*. I just want the touchscreen to be as sensative and accurate as the iPhone's. Also, I read that the screens were the exact same type, made by the same manufacturers
  7. hett

hett New Member

Sorry, this is a major facepalm. The firmware has nothing to do with the touchscreen's sensitivity and accuracy. What you're asking is impossible.
  8. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Firmware porting is nigh unpossible without access to source code....

It's not impossible, it's just more likely than not to never happen. If it does ever happen, it will be buggy and run slow as slow old balls. Cedega anyone?
  9. SilentJay

SilentJay New Member

lmao at this thread, i think it would be great to have the iphone on the droid at least as a dual boot would be even better. why?! So i can show all my iphone fanboy friends that hey droid does ;p Oh you got an iphone, woops now i do too ;p But im gonna switch back since this iphone is garbage but just so you know Droid pwns you! I use btunes for that reason, "i love the ipod on the iphone", shut up droid does that too :)
  10. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

that was awesome... well said lol
Search tags for this page
android firmware on iphone
can i installer iphone firmware on amdroid
firmware iphone android
how to get iphone firmware on amdroid
how to have android firmware on iphone
how to replace iphone firmware with android
install iphone firmware on android
iphone firmware android