Iphone Face book App...

BostonDroid

Reaction score
...puts the Droid's Facebook app to shame. That's all I have to say, thanks.

Seriously though... I just downloaded the facebook app onto my itouch and it is better in EVERY way than then one we got. Such a shame...:icon_evil:

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Yep, it has more features. It is also 3 years further in development. Just use the browser if you need the other features.

Echo3

Reaction score
The FB app for the iPhone at first wasn't all that great either, just much like for Android. Just a matter of time till we get similiar/same features like the iPhone/iPod Touch FB app.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
The FB app for the iPhone at first wasn't all that great either, just much like for Android. Just a matter of time till we get similiar/same features like the iPhone/iPod Touch FB app.

You mean till ours is better :p :motdroidvert:

iPirate

Reaction score
What else is needed? I have only used the Facebook app for Droid not iPhone.

Echo3

Reaction score

You have like 2 home screens on the FB app that you can customize. There are events section, FB Chat, inbox, etc....pretty much the web version of FB is put together as an app for the iPhone. It can do anything you can do as if you were on the computer except playing flash games.

iPirate

Reaction score

You have like 2 home screens on the FB app that you can customize. There are events section, FB Chat, inbox, etc....pretty much the web version of FB is put together as an app for the iPhone. It can do anything you can do as if you were on the computer except playing flash games.
Cool, I guess we are missing a little. I don't use those features but I might if I had them. This explains why a few of my friends are always on Facebook chat lol

natty_lite

Reaction score
It does. but that didn't happen till the 3.0 update that came back in Sept. I believe. Before that, their app was pretty much on par with what we have now on the Droid.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

Also you can't upload a picture in a status update or to someone else's wall. Also I notice little "bugs" like when trying to see "older posts" the button doesn't accept touch. I have to use the browser for main use, but the app to see comments on pictures.

They definitely need to do a bit of improving.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I agree. The Facebook app for Android is lacking a lot. My friend has the app for her iPod and it is much better.

Ever notice how half of the options in the facebook app for Android forces you to open something in the browser instead of from the app itself? That really annoys me.

There are other facebook apps on the market, but I haven't tried them. But its not a huge deal to me obviously if I didn't bother trying the other apps.

But, yes, it still needs improvement. But I see how that can be a pain for those not wanting to wait for it to slowly get better.

Android just isn't as old/mature as the iphone operating system yet. Eventually (within next few years) I think we will surpass most everything the iphone has.

But my Android phone (Moto Droid) is already superior to the iPhone =]

bretfeltman

Reaction score
yea the blackberry facebook app was way better than the droid's too I switched to the droid the beginning of december and have had problems with the app every since it wont even give me updated notifications i just get a 601 error and I have read from multiple websites that many people are having this issue i have emailed the developer a bunch of times but no response!!! what does it take to get an update for droid for facebook??? maybe they should get ahold of the people at blackberry that made theirs!!! lol

Nedaroth

Reaction score
You guys need to get past this iphone ****, or just go back to it if you think its a better phone. I dont think there are alot of members in here that give a damm about the i phone.:icon_ banana: