1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Iphone Face book App...

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BostonDroid, Jan 9, 2010.

1. BostonDroid

BostonDroid New Member

...puts the Droid's Facebook app to shame. That's all I have to say, thanks.

Seriously though... I just downloaded the facebook app onto my itouch and it is better in EVERY way than then one we got. Such a shame...:icon_evil:
  2. dylanthecat

dylanthecat New Member

Yep, it has more features. It is also 3 years further in development. Just use the browser if you need the other features.
  3. BostonDroid

BostonDroid New Member

nehh...not that big of a deal. Just needed to vent. :)
  4. Echo3

Echo3 New Member

The FB app for the iPhone at first wasn't all that great either, just much like for Android. Just a matter of time till we get similiar/same features like the iPhone/iPod Touch FB app.
  5. Hypnotic

Hypnotic New Member

You mean till ours is better :p :motdroidvert:
  6. imiller913

imiller913 New Member

It will get better with time
  7. iPirate

iPirate New Member

What else is needed? I have only used the Facebook app for Droid not iPhone.
  8. KidCuda

KidCuda New Member

Oh trust me, we are missing out on a lot. I still use it on my iPod as well.
  9. Echo3

Echo3 New Member

You have like 2 home screens on the FB app that you can customize. There are events section, FB Chat, inbox, etc....pretty much the web version of FB is put together as an app for the iPhone. It can do anything you can do as if you were on the computer except playing flash games.
  10. iPirate

iPirate New Member

Cool, I guess we are missing a little. I don't use those features but I might if I had them. This explains why a few of my friends are always on Facebook chat lol
  11. natty_lite

natty_lite New Member

It does. but that didn't happen till the 3.0 update that came back in Sept. I believe. Before that, their app was pretty much on par with what we have now on the Droid.
  12. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Also you can't upload a picture in a status update or to someone else's wall. Also I notice little "bugs" like when trying to see "older posts" the button doesn't accept touch. I have to use the browser for main use, but the app to see comments on pictures.

They definitely need to do a bit of improving.
  13. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

I agree. The Facebook app for Android is lacking a lot. My friend has the app for her iPod and it is much better.

Ever notice how half of the options in the facebook app for Android forces you to open something in the browser instead of from the app itself? That really annoys me.

There are other facebook apps on the market, but I haven't tried them. But its not a huge deal to me obviously if I didn't bother trying the other apps.

But, yes, it still needs improvement. But I see how that can be a pain for those not wanting to wait for it to slowly get better.

Android just isn't as old/mature as the iphone operating system yet. Eventually (within next few years) I think we will surpass most everything the iphone has.

But my Android phone (Moto Droid) is already superior to the iPhone =]
  14. bretfeltman

bretfeltman New Member

yea the blackberry facebook app was way better than the droid's too I switched to the droid the beginning of december and have had problems with the app every since it wont even give me updated notifications i just get a 601 error and I have read from multiple websites that many people are having this issue i have emailed the developer a bunch of times but no response!!! what does it take to get an update for droid for facebook??? maybe they should get ahold of the people at blackberry that made theirs!!! lol
  15. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

You guys need to get past this iphone ****, or just go back to it if you think its a better phone. I dont think there are alot of members in here that give a damm about the i phone.:icon_ banana:
  16. bretfeltman

bretfeltman New Member

lol i never said anything bout the iphone??? do u know anything bout how to fix the facebook app on the droid?? the phone has alot of cool features but the facebook app is so frustrating i just keep getting errors and never get my notifications
  17. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

I agree the native droid facebook app is junk. I downloaded Bloo from the market. It is touted as the "de facto native facebook app" for android. It's not as good as the iPhone facebook app but it is miles ahead of the native app. And it's free.
  18. Nedaroth

Nedaroth New Member

I understand the frustration with some of the apps right now, the app system with the droid requires no approval before it hits the market place.
    Thats a good thing but at the same time its a bad thing, so it is a hit and miss at best but give it time to grow. Im sure we will see great facebook apps soon enough, developers are now seeing there is a profit potental with the android phones and moto is already building a new app store.
  19. davidtaylorjr

davidtaylorjr New Member

I really miss my facebook app from my iPhone (one of the only things I truly miss) That and the Tweetie app for twitter beat droid hands down. But honestly those are the only two things I can think of other than better games.
  20. JaCelica2k

JaCelica2k New Member

Check out Bloo for facebook. Its better than standard app
Search tags for this page

facetalk iphone to droid