1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

iphone emulator for android?!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by joeybarclay, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeybarclay

joeybarclay New Member

2. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

idk.....i prefer rooting and custom roms personally.
  3. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I doubt it's legit, APK size is 41kb. Seems like it would take alot more than that.
  4. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Maybe it just disables some of android's capabilities to the point that it matches iphone os. That's a joke...or is it?...ewwwwwww...
    :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  5. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

WHY would you even want to emulate iOS on a superior operating system to begin with? Even if it was legit, just.... why?
  6. jasonppp

jasonppp Premium Member Premium Member Developer

sorry duplicate post i agree with chug WHY droid is 10xs better then iphone plus droid has many more apps
  7. scoder

scoder New Member

iPhone has over 200,000 apps. Android has about 75,000.
  8. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

So go get an iphone? The only reason iphone has more apps is because it has been out longer than Android. We are merely in the primitive stages of taking over as the KING of mobile devices. I'm not going anywhere, I will be able to say I've been here all along.
  9. scoder

scoder New Member

LOL I came from the iPhone and I am never going back to AT&T. I was merely correcting someone for posting false information without being biased towards either brand.

Read all preceding posts next time before posting. Thanks.
  10. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

I know what its like coming from an iphone. I had an iphone 3gs. Wants you root and install custom roms.....you will never go back.
  11. jasonppp

well correct this over 75% of those apps are paid where droid isnt not to mention look at the time iphone ahs been around compared to droid. iphone doesn't open source it is all propietary droid is open source give droid 6 more months and we will smoke the amount of apps iphone has
  12. aminaked

aminaked New Member

If you count flash apps, I think android will will easily have many more apps than apple.

Apple got a head start but android will eventually overtake them in every way...except sucking.
  13. scoder

scoder New Member

Relax buddy. I'm not disputing that Android is a superior operating system. If I was, I would still own my iPhone. I am also not disputing that Android will catch up at some point in quantity (and eventually quality) of applications, I was only correcting a piece of information you were wrong about. There are many new users in these forums and it would help if people did a little research before posting things in order to create less confusion.

And you asked me to correct you, so I will. You say over 75% of iPhone apps are paid. You're close. According to research conducted in June of 2010, the iPhone app store has 73% paid apps.

Like I said, do a Google search before you go rambling off "facts" based off biased opinion.

Here's the source of my info.
  14. jasonppp

lol right just give our phone as much time as iphone has been around lol then lets talk apps

now you are comparing apples to oranges 2% is a tiny bit off.

it took iphone how many years to get all their apps?
    droid has been around how long and already we have over 50,000 apps?
    and i am relaxed i just come across wrong most of the time
  15. scoder

scoder New Member

The iPhone App Store was launched alongside the iPhone 3G on July 11, 2008.
    The Android Market was launched October 22, 2008 alongside the G1.

Apple was a little more than 3 months ahead of Google. Not sure where you got "years" from.

I suggest you read some articles about the mobile OS you are defending so defiantly before making any more posts about it. Most of your information is way off and please take no offense, but you are making yourself look quite stupid posting things that aren't even remotely true. Android and iOS are both great systems, and I agree that Android will definitely come out on top in the future, but you should know some background behind both systems before defending one and bashing the other.
  16. jasonppp

really who needs to relax here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_(original)
    First Android Phone Approved By FCC
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
    guess you better get back to reading might i add counting to 10 and then rethink your post at least 1 year before droid was released. apple was making apps from day 1 who cares when the store/market became a big role
    show me one instance of me bashing i am just saying one is better
    just think of how many great apps there is that hasn't been released on the android market.
  17. scoder

scoder New Member

The numbers I posted were in the app markets of each system, not the stock apps that come with the phone. It was a direct response to your statement that "Droid has many more apps", which you obviously meant in the Android market.
    How could Apple possibly build its 3rd party app catalog without an SDK for developers to create those apps or a market to put them in? We were strictly talking 3rd party applications and your comments, until your last one, support that statement.

Your last sentence (if you can call it a sentence), "just think of ho many great apps there is that hasnt been released on the android market", made me laugh. A few hours ago you were telling us that Android has more and better apps, now you are telling us about all of the great iOS apps that haven't been ported to Android yet. I'm surprised someone who claims "Droid is 10x better" than iOS would even accept a port from it.

You really are a complete idiot. I retract my "no offense" from before and wish you the best of luck in life.
  18. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
  19. jasonppp

"The numbers I posted were in the app markets of each system, not the stock apps that come with the phone. It was a direct response to your statement that "Droid has many more apps", which you obviously meant in the Android market."

how do you figuare my comment was

"sorry duplicate post i agree with chug WHY droid is 10xs better then
    iphone plus droid has many more apps"

not even a whisper of market it was a comment in general

"made me laugh. A few hours ago you were telling us that Android has more and better apps, now you are telling us about all of the great iOS apps that haven't been ported to Android yet. I'm surprised someone who claims "Droid is 10x better" than iOS would even accept a port from it."

there is alot of non market apps out you just need to exercise your search

and btw i am not talking ported apps anyone with knowledge of sdk,c,c##,javascript, and so on can and has made apps only about a 3rd of their work is ever released to the public. anything that is not found on the android market are considered to be unreleased and also require unknown sources to be checked in your applications under settings. one file in mind is one that was ported to the droid adobe flash 10.1 beta

"You really are a complete idiot. I retract my "no offense" from before and wish you the best of luck in life. "

whatever makes you feel better about yourself sunshine

back to the original topic why waste your time putting an iphone emulation on your Droid
  20. Apollo

Apollo New Member

[​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
android emulator for iphone
android ios emulator

android iphone emulator

ios emulator android
ios emulator for android
ios simulator for android