iPhone Controls Manufacturer's Release Schedule in 2012?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
applevsandroid.jpeg

According to Taiwan-based smartphone supply chain makers, the iPhone is going to directly impact manufacturers like HTC, Samsung, Nokia and LG's release schedule. They go on to say that the OEMs will be pushing back their release schedules to Q2 to avoid directly competing with the iPhone 4S in the first quarter because, "based on previous experience, sales of iPhone 4S will remain at peak in the first quarter of 2012 and then begin to decline."

This won't sit well with many phone lovers as news of this gets out, but when Apple has a Q4 like it just had, it tends to send ripples through the tech world and OEMs recognize they are up against a behemoth. Apple's overall impact on the smartphone market is getting to be very interesting indeed.

Source: DigiTimes

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
BUNK. These companies need to spin up their own operations. I am so sick of other manufacturers being at the mercy of Apple. Apple has become what it hated Microsoft for for so many years.

This is why I will never buy an Apple product. There is nothing I can't stand more than a hypocrite.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the issue is these manufacturers are running at 100% and still aren't able to keep up with just apples demand alone.

at the end of the day the company with the most money will always get what they want and when they want.