iPhone can DROID can't?

Lady Droid

Reaction score
Yes i do see them " i think " but the call option is in gray and can't hit it ....

Hmm. And you're sure they're online? I know one time I had to wait a bit for my online Skype contacts to show up... they were greyed out for a good 3 minutes or so when I first brought up my list.

bikerboy

Reaction score
Fring is working and i made a call on 3g network now it's ok
but are you sure it doesn't charge you minutes ?

Lady Droid

Reaction score

Well I know for sure your minutes won't get used if you're using it over Wi-Fi, and I thought it was the same over 3G. That was the impression I got from reading a couple comments on the site, anyway. But now you've got me wondering, too lol

jwd45244

Reaction score
CDMA cannot have both a data and voice connection at the same time. Verizon is, at present, a CDMA carrier. All Verizon phones have this limitation. If you want an Android phone that can do both in the US you will have to go with T-Mobile.

bikerboy

Reaction score

Well I know for sure your minutes won't get used if you're using it over Wi-Fi, and I thought it was the same over 3G. That was the impression I got from reading a couple comments on the site, anyway. But now you've got me wondering, too lol
Anyone knows anything about this please ?

bikerboy

Reaction score
We didn't manefacture the Application, so i can't give you an Answer, that's what Verizon customer service just told me .......
my question was, " would placing a Skype call use my airtime minutes ?"
what do you think about these people now ?
LOL anyway he asked me to contact the applecation manefacturer.....
anyone knows how to contact Skype or/ and fring ?
Thanks

Smuuth

Reaction score
CDMA cannot have both a data and voice connection at the same time. Verizon is, at present, a CDMA carrier. All Verizon phones have this limitation. If you want an Android phone that can do both in the US you will have to go with T-Mobile.
If you are using WiFi, the data is NOT going over the CDMA network. So you CAN have WiFi data and CDMA voice on Verizon simultaneously.

:)

FoFa

Reaction score
I think the more interesting thing about this is how many times do you actually surf the web while on a phone call?
First you have to drop to speaker, not good in a public area.
Then if you happen on AT&T and their limited 3G coverage, you have to wait for the connection.

Seems like this is really reaching. I am sure the iPhone does some things better and the Droid does some things better.

If you are happy, why sweat the small stuff.

DebDroid

Reaction score
Well, I don't have an iphone, never have but I have an iPod Touch and it's annoying when I'm using my Crossword Puzzle app and need to use the dictionary.....have to quit the game and go into dictionary.

Maybe they should do a commercial of the iPhone taking pics at night....oh wait. :p

I am a member of another message board completely unrelated to cell phones/computers and they think the iPhone hung the moon and you dare not speak ill of the almighty iPhone. *sigh*

bikerboy

Reaction score
To Lady Droid, could you/ have you used bluetooth headset while using fring ?
Thanks

R

racklefratz

Is there a way/application to allow visual voicemail and multitask like the iPhone? example friend calls wants to see the time a movie is playing can I launch an app with the person on phone and get the movie times? I see iPhone ads saying DROID can't.

**ANYTHING** but iPhone.

Asperity

Reaction score
I just generally text people when I need them to do many of the things portrayed in the commercial. I really don't know if they're in a place where they can freely talk or possibly talking to someone on another line.

docholiday

Reaction score
Nuff Said...

Attachments

• theresamapforthat.jpg
    theresamapforthat.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 303

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I think there map commercial is hilarious. They are talking about where you can get (any) service. VZW was talking about 3g. Compare the maps...