iPhone can DROID can't?

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Is there a way/application to allow visual voicemail and multitask like the iPhone? example friend calls wants to see the time a movie is playing can I launch an app with the person on phone and get the movie times? I see iPhone ads saying DROID can't.

Luxferro

Reaction score
Is there a way/application to allow visual voicemail and multitask like the iPhone? example friend calls wants to see the time a movie is playing can I launch an app with the person on phone and get the movie times? I see iPhone ads saying DROID can't.

Get an iPhone, and be stuck using only one app at a time, and be lucky if you get calls lol ;p

JackT

Reaction score
This isn't Droid specific, this is Verizon's network being CDMA based.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
op, are you being sarcastic? iphone has no multitasking ability. but the AT&T network is designed so you can get voice and data simultaneously, which is unavailable with VZ (supposedly, i haven't tried yet)

edit: i guess talking + surfing the web is a version of multitasking.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Thanks I saw the add and I know AT&T is trying everything to bash DROID so I was curious if this was a DROID flaw that was able to be resolved in an app. Thanks again

silenceforus

Reaction score
I feel the need to pipe in.

The droid multitasks verrry well,

And if you are connected to wifi while on the phone you will still have internet functionality, soooo there's that. If you've got wifi you can.

OP
X

xxnonamexx

Reaction score
Thanks I am getting the droid probably next week and even w/o that (iphone) feature I don't think its a big deal. I love V commercials bashing AT&T crap

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
I am not sure what exactly you need. BUT. My Milestone is having dataconnection while having calls as well.

Also a nice feature is holding a call while taking another call or even get callers together, to a conference. NICE!

Utzz

Reaction score
Hmm, I just called myself and tried using the browser to look up a movie. No dice. It seems when a call is in progress, it cuts off internet access.

Zippster

Reaction score
Hmm, I just called myself and tried using the browser to look up a movie. No dice. It seems when a call is in progress, it cuts off internet access.

Yes that is a stated and known fact, you need to use wifi to do both simultaneously.

Sp3aK

Reaction score
But if you are browsing it can pause and get a call. Well I assume anyways. I was streaming music with Pandora and it paused to take a call and resumed as soon as I hung up.

I do see how this could be annoying but each company has their downfalls.

Stigy

Reaction score
This has been discussed before...

CDMA (Verizon's network) does not allow for simultaneous voice + data. When Verizon launches their 4G (LTE) network next year it will allow for that and then AT&T will have no argument.

mevans

Reaction score
This has been discussed before...

CDMA (Verizon's network) does not allow for simultaneous voice + data. When Verizon launches their 4G (LTE) network next year it will allow for that and then AT&T will have no argument.

Not only that, but AT&T/Apple's ad is only true in 3G areas. Edge can't do simultaneous voice/data either and that comprises 90% of their coverage.

freshtodeath213

Reaction score

In terms of visual voicemail, get a google voice invite and download the app. It's free and the transcription feature is nice, although not very accurate. If you want, you can pay Verizon $3 I think for their Visual Voicemail service.