iPhone battery life surprised me, despite the smaller battery

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by pc747, Sep 22, 2018.

1. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,878

Say what you want about Apple, I know I have, but they can build a phone. Their hardware and software optimized to outperform phones with arguably better hardware.

Not saying I'm about buying an iPhone, they are having to find a way to pay for their employees to live in the valley. And it's coming at the expense of customer's wallets.

But at least you know you're getting good hardware, years of software support, one of the best resale values in a smart phone, and "award winning support".

For me, all that is still not worth $1000+. But if any phone is warrant the $1000 price it's that phone. Until Samsung can update like Apple, they fall short in my book.

And Google, with the Pixel, has been falling short in the hardware department. Android fans are just wanting a company to put it all together to give us a great combination of hardware and software.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

#1 pc747, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LoudRam

LoudRam Silver Member

Ratings:
    +289
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G7
    Twitter:
    @Loudram
    I agree, their support is great but in my experience every time I see someone with an iPhone in their right hand there's usually a charger in their left. But that's my observation.

• Like Like x 2
  3. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,878
    And unless they shelled out more money, the fast charger did not come in the box. Apple really knows how to milk their customers. Kudos to Samsung and Google for putting fast charging bricks in the box.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LoudRam

LoudRam Silver Member

Ratings:
    +289
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G7
    Twitter:
    @Loudram
    LG and Motorola too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. bkdodger

bkdodger Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +5,476
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6
    My experience with my iPhone X just last longer than all my other phones.... It loses nothing on standby if in normal signal areas.. But I'm not one to care anyways... I used my phones to the max...

Pixel 2 XL

• Like Like x 1
  6. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,878
    I just like giving Apple credit where due. I know we're an Android forum and I'm suppose to bash them. And trust me, there are things I have issue with, starting with the price. But, they are still the only complete package. And I want to see Google really do that with the pixel.

Because if we're to be honest. Google have yet to do that.

I want a Google phone without the "yeah buts".

First pixel yeah but left out water resistance, had too much chin, and looked outdated. But we have them slack because it was their first phone.

Second Pixel still looked outdated and the Pixel 2xl had all those screen issues. Even those without the issues still had to admit the colors looked a little washed out compared to other screens. Google called it "the actually color". But it was washed out. And I finally realized that when I saw their display models. Don't get my wrong. I love my 2xl. Great battery life, great camera, love the look and build, it just was missing the display.

And now we come to the 3xl where it looks like we will be missing some RAM. Now I know the new iPhones have 4gigs of RAM, but iOS never needed that much RAM anyway. I'm not ready to give Google that pass given other Android phones (that cost less) have at least 6 gigs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. zinethar

zinethar Senior Member

Ratings:
    +181
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 8
    Easy to do when you charge 50% more. I'm not a fan (obviously) but I do think they generally produce quality products. Not saying others don't also but giving apple it's due.

8. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,878

Are you having problems with your iPhone Xs or Xs Max?