Iphone app sidestepps at&t

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is absolutely crazy. Anyone able to find it in the iTunes store? Maybe it was taken down. However, I think AT&T hired some hackers to get business back http://www.line2.com/

OP
D

dsciara

Reaction score
wow

You are right they did get hit by hackers. Nice.

Someone needs to get this app on the android market.

bastosero

Reaction score
So is Apple sticking it to AT&T? LMAO

It would be nice if we get this for Android also so we can get even more choices for calling. If Apple lets the app stay for the iPhone, then Steve Jobs is a hypocrite!

Last edited:

thatguy

Reaction score
i went on the toktumi web site and sent them an email asking them if they have plans for android market. i will post their reply when i get it

thatguy

Reaction score
received a reply from talktumi. they said they are working on an adroid version of the line 2 app and they "hope to have it ready in the next few months if not sooner."

modette

Reaction score
It would be more interesting if Line2 was like MagicJack...a one time fee, so small it does not matter. Either way neat to see, and that might get cellphone carriers to do Unlimited nationwide pricing and not have all these different levels of minutes and what not.

ldimick

Reaction score
It would be more interesting if Line2 was like MagicJack...a one time fee, so small it does not matter. Either way neat to see, and that might get cellphone carriers to do Unlimited nationwide pricing and not have all these different levels of minutes and what not.

$15/mo makes it less interesting to me.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

The cell phone companies will find a way to block it, for sure. Phone numbers can be blocked and so can data.

nphil

Reaction score
They still haven't blocked sipdroid and google voice. I get totally free calling over 3G with that. Even if they do block certain VOIP traffic, they can't do anything about WiFi.

iPirate

Reaction score
Google voice doesnt do VOIP

And apparently because you cant make calls with AT&T's network, this is a popular app for iphone users to use in their homes or work.