iphone adapter

nybuild1

Reaction score
Hello all. Here's my dilemma... My gym has a TV built in to each treadmil and cross trainer. It has an iPhone 30 pin male adapter that you can connect to watch your own videos or listen to music. Are there any adapters that I can use for my galaxy nexus to view my own videos while I workout? I've been searching for apple 30 pin female to male micro USB. But all I found were adapters to be used as a charging stations- any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I don't recall the Nexus being capable of video over micro usb. Micro USB on that phone will charge and move data, not video. For Video, one would need an MHL adapter. The MHL adapter for that phone should be the same as a Samsung S2. Be sure to double check.

With that, I think your looking for Female 30pin to HDMI input. Then the Nexus would need access to 120vac to power the MHL adapter. The MHL adapter would have HDMI out. If you want only music that's easy. There are numerous Apple 30 pin BT dongles available for music input. I recall not all BT 30pin adapters are created equal. Something about access to the power pin.