iPhone 8 To Steal Samsung's Iris Scanner?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
iphone-8-features.jpg

The theory may lend to the rumors that Apple will ditch the home button for the next version of the iPhone. This is exactly what we have already seen from Samsung with the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. Each of these phones will skip the home button altogether in favor of on screen navigation buttons. The fingerprint scanner will move to the back. Users of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ will make use of an iris scanner similar to what was found on the Note 7 for quick and easy access to their phone.

A report from "DigiTimes" suggest that the iPhone 8 will include an iris scanner. This would allow users of the phone access to the home screen and apps without TouchID. This means that Apple could potentially ditch the home button. I wonder if they will curve the screen's edges as well?

via TechnoBuffalo

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's fabulous!
Samsung makes parts for Apple, thus gets design ideas and puts their hardware out , with the new design, before Apple! And legally this time!

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

drexnerd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20
Is it me or are all phones becoming more and more alike. One manufacturer gets there first and if it works they all implement it.

wardo

Reaction score
Is it me or are all phones becoming more and more alike. One manufacturer gets there first and if it works they all implement it.
Of course!
New phones are still the same as 4 years ago. Dumb tricks and slightly better hardware that barley makes a difference.

drexnerd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
V20
Of course!
New phones are still the same as 4 years ago. Dumb tricks and slightly better hardware that barley makes a difference.

It definitely seems that way but at least there was more variation before. Nowadays you basically choose the screen size and Android or iOS and they're all much of a muchness.