iPhone 6 for S6?

truckster

Reaction score
I realize I'm posting this in a potentially biased community but what are the upsides and downsides of trading my iPhone 6 (not plus) for an S6 (not Edge)? What are the known problems with the s6's, if any?

I've swapped between iPhone and Android several times throughout the years. I'm quite fickle when it comes to my OS's. I have one for a couple of years and I'm ready to go back to the other one, haha. That is the only reason I am considering making a trade at this point.

Thanks for any feedback

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I realize I'm posting this in a potentially biased community but what are the upsides and downsides of trading my iPhone 6 (not plus) for an S6 (not Edge)? What are the known problems with the s6's, if any?

I've swapped between iPhone and Android several times throughout the years. I'm quite fickle when it comes to my OS's. I have one for a couple of years and I'm ready to go back to the other one, haha. That is the only reason I am considering making a trade at this point.

Thanks for any feedback

S6 price reduction coming in the next two weeks.

Phoneless but still tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Pros:
Better screen...when viewing high resolution media and photos. It is also better outdoors. The screen is the best on the market. It is also a bit larger than the i6 and comes with smaller bezels.

Better chasis...if you don't use a case the glass build of the S6 is less prone to be scratched up by stuff in your pockets. Just be sure not to drop it.

Better camera...the i6 does not have OIS. It makes a remarkable difference. It is easier though to just point and shoot on my i6 Plus. With Sammy you may have to adjust some settings to suit your needs, but you will have better photos.

Better Radios...the cellular radios in the latest round of iPhones are poor. They have the lowest reception out of all of our phones in the family. Even the i5S has a better radio.

Better GUI: Apple's Cmd Center and Notification area are horrible compared to Android.

OP
truckster

truckster

Reaction score
Thanks Jonny, Jeffrey and Ollie. Very helpful so far.
I know that some of the OS stuff is very subjective as to which is "better". Other stuff is pretty cut and dry...especially when it comes to customization , which iOS basically has none.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buy an external battery pack for $20. Android doesn't stand by as well as iOS.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks Jonny, Jeffrey and Ollie. Very helpful so far.
I know that some of the OS stuff is very subjective as to which is "better". Other stuff is pretty cut and dry...especially when it comes to customization , which iOS basically has none.

You've mentioned customization. Right now 8.4 is jailbreakable which would open that door for you. All of which is achieved in Android on stock firmwares.

Android in general still crashes less than iOS. I stepped back into the iPhone game at the wrong time due to iOS 8 being a trainwreck, but with 8.3 and 8.4 it became better on my 6 Plus.

Another con to switching to Android is their backup system. Unless you root your phone it won't be able to touch the iOS back ups. Mostly in the area of app data, but they say that is coming.

OP
truckster

truckster

Reaction score
I may look into jail breaking. Is 8.4.1 jailbreakable?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I may look into jail breaking. Is 8.4.1 jailbreakable?

I don't think so. I am on 8.4 and using this:
image.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hey Ollie, what is that on the middle of your screen? It looks like a widget of some sort. Please share. Thanks in advance!

-Wil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a package called iWidgets. The theme is called Core.

Malkavian

Reaction score
I've had the s6 since Aug 10th. Love the phone the camera on this is fabulous. I got the 128gb version because I plan to listen to a lot of podcasts and need the room. I also don't mind the no sdcard. I find I don't need to worry about moving things they are all right there. Battery power does suck a bit, but part of that is due to where I work. Normal days I usually can get a good 10-12 hours. The phone is fast and works a lot better than my s4.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ashley80

Reaction score
Iphone 6. Personally, I like the 6 ones since it is more handy. But then it's apple. Both, are pretty much good too.