iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus - Are Apple Hypocrites?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by BenLand150, Sep 9, 2014.

?

Is Apple Right?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I just love tech, bring it on!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    So the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were just announced and just like rumors have indicated, they've gone with a bigger display, a much bigger display when talking about the 6 Plus.

If we remember though, Apple said they'd never go beyond four inches and yet.. Here we are. So my question for you is, do you look down on Apple for this for going against their word, especially when they were certain 4inches is all we need, or is this just fragmention and what they need to do to survive in this world of 5" phones?

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Having a larger display is a necessity, period. People get so caught up in the display size that if Apple didn't change, they surely would've given up more market share than they already have.

And not to pick on a certain group or people, but a larger display is certainly friendlier to those who's vision is bad or vision that is going (I've noticed it with my own parents and their iPhone 5s).

In the end, yes they're hypocrites, but their change was necessary to continue to be relevant. If the iPhone 6 didn't come with a larger screen, giving up market share to Android, or even Windows phones, would've been a sure thing.

And all that being said, I think 4.7" could be the sweet spot. It's a big enough screen without being too overwhelming or hard to use with one hand. As an owner of the s4 (and with fairly large hands), sometimes navigating the phone with one hand can become a bit of a stretch, especially if reaching towards the opposite side of the phone screen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,157
    No because android (particularly the droid line) jabbed at apple for not having a keyboard, external memory, or removable battery and all you have to do is look at the nexus line to see Google doubled back in that quickly.

Apple fans demanded apple heads come off their high horse and give them what they wanted which was a bigger phone. People who have vision problems as well as those looking at the note handling media demanded larger screens for years and with apple fans leaving for larger Samsung devices they took the chance losing more of their fan base had they continued down the path of small phones. So I do not see it as hypocritical just smart business. The crowd have spoken and apple had to listen.
    What does surprise me is they are using the secure element to handle mobile payments which Google had to shy away from after the galaxy nexus, now it was mainly because root users (the main purchasers of nexus devices) were causing issues with it. Then again apple do not allow the device to be opened so they would be happy to see jailbreakers brick their secure element as that will dwindle the number of jailbreakers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

4. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,714
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    It does make you wonder if they would have stuck to their guns if Jobs were still around and running things.

tap'n on my S5

• Like Like x 1
  5. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    Is realizing you messed up, and changing, after making a bold statement hypocrisy or wisdom?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Love this comment, very good point. I'd say it can be seen as a little of both, personally. Wisdom in the sense that it needed be done to stay relevant, like Dezymond stated. Hypocrisy because they were just so certain they'd never need to do so.

7. BHuber09

BHuber09 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3
    Twitter:
    @BHuber09
    I currently own the Note 3. By far the best device I've ever owned. But.. The IPhone 6+ really has caught my eye.. Kinda wanna try it..

I only say that cause.. And I know I'll catch a ton of crap for this but regardless, I think I'm just getting bored of Android (or Touchwiz without an unlocked boktloader really).

But I do like how they offered a larger sized version. Clearly large phones are here to stay so may as well conform to the ways.

Note'd

8. grenefroggie

grenefroggie Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +464
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Nexus 5
    I am not sure hypocrite is the word I would use. As a few have already pointed out, one is allowed to change their perspective or direction based on new information.

Simply put: Apple was not meeting the demands of their consumers.

It was bound to happen.

• Like Like x 5
  9. popcenator

popcenator Droid X Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +909
    I thought I felt the same, but then I realized I was bored of ugly manufacturer skins than only weighed the OS down and provided little useful features. Apple iOS works very well, but there's so much more fluctuation of functionality with Android. Now the Note 3 and from the looks of it, the Note 4 have the functionality, but TouchWiz is just so ugly IMO.

on the move..

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    +1 grenefroggie It's evolution.. things change and the industry has moved to larger devices.

11. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,714
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Isn't that what a third party launchers are for? Just sayin... it's so easy to fix.

tap'n on my S5

#11 cr6, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  12. BHuber09

BHuber09 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3
    Twitter:
    @BHuber09
    Sorry dont mean to be that guy, but everyone always suggest 3rd party launchers like it magically installs AOSP on your device haha.Yeah you can install them and get benefits but you can't fix the quick tiles, or the battery icons, settings, menu, contacts, dialer, and such. Icon packs are my life but they just aren't enough haha.

Note'd

• Like Like x 2
Search tags for this page

apple hypocrisy

apple hypocrites

apples hypocrisy with big phones
easy way to change from verizon droid to att iphone 6 2014

iphone 6 fans hypocrites about large screen

iphone 6 hypocrite
iphone 6 is hypocritical
iphone 6 plus launchers for android
iphone 6 plus resale price