iphone 4s vs droid bionic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by sloffredo98, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Tuktanuk

Tuktanuk Member

Ratings:
    +5
    The iphone 4S now with paper weight mode! If you don't have an iPhone 4S; you don't have a paper weight!

2. darkmatter

darkmatter Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Funny thing about the screen size. After using my d3 for a while, I was messing around with my d1, and I found myself liking the smaller size. We all forget that at the end of the day, these are still phones...and the iphone is a better size for a phone than most android phones, imo.

And I agree with the comment that if they'd have called the 4s the iphone5,it would have been met with much fanfare. Hell, wasn't the iphone5 expected to have the same chipset as the ipad2 anyway?...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

#14 darkmatter, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  3. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Yeah screen size is subjective. Something like that shouldn't be touted as an advantage, neither should weight. I like heavier phones, thats why I prefer Moto's build quality over the other OEMs.

4. Dunc

Dunc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So the 4S is behind the curve when it has the same hardware as the Bionic that just came out? lol The logic doesn't work. So really it's only behind the curve because of a 1/2" smaller screen?

5. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    iPhone, miles ahead, yet years behind.

6. Jaycea22

Jaycea22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The iPhone was behind because android already had those features. Now w the 4s they have caught up but still behind because of no 4g

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

7. Dark_Jedi

Dark_Jedi Member

Ratings:
    +2
    No, thats not what i meant. The iPhone is always behind the curve. They rush phones out so they can get all the money they can with the brand name not actually how the phone performs. Ok well if were going with your logic, then since the Bionic is older than the 4s and the 4s has yet to be released then it is behind the curve since it has a few of the same specs as an older device lol.

8. wilboy

wilboy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think 4S can make calls,txting while on the Internet not like DB...(correct me if i'm wrong). :)

9. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Your girlfriend is lying to you.

Kidding.

On a more serious note, I would have to say, the Bionic is better.

They both have serious faults though and I'll explain.

With the Iphone 4s they failed to make the screen larger, even 3.7'' or 4'' would have been a great improvement. They failed to address the glass issue on the back, which is well known for cracking very easily. They also failed to think about LTE, which will be very prominent within the next 2 years(as it's widely used in all major cities already).

With the Bionic, the screen size is great, but the screen itself is lacking in quality, you can argue it, but the facts are there in plain sight. They could have used a nicer screen, they're available, but they chose not to. They also used cheaper materials for the chin of the device(painted plastic will chip) and the back of the device, which causes a large amount of them to creak because of poor choice in materials used.

Overall, the Bionic wins because screen size matters, LTE is becoming the norm as it's such an incredible improvement over 3G.

The Iphone 4S did a couple things Moto failed to do though, they improved their camera, making it even more superior. They improved antenna technology and used their most advance dual core chip.

I think the strangest thing about these phones are, both companies failed to correct issues that had occurred with previous devices, that could have easily been addressed and greatly improved both devices.

Moto failed to improve their screen quality and they went backwards in build quality.

Apple failed to increase their screen size and they didn't even address their build quality(glass) concerns.

No phone is perfect, we all know that, but I think that if those few things I mentioned would have been addressed by both Apple and Moto, we would have 2 much better devices to choose from.

10. idefiler6

idefiler6 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It can if it's on ATT. But if you're on ATT you fail double.

11. wilboy

wilboy Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm in Verizon my friend!

12. pastor_rob

pastor_rob New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess it just depends on your preference really. I have both the iPhone 4 and the Bionic and they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I will NOT be getting the 4S ... since the upgrade is so minimal ... I didn't but a smartphone because of the size of the camera ... though it doesn't hurt ... that is NOT the main reason I purchase a phone ... I want functionality and form ... and they both have their ways to go.

Now if the iphone 5 is a great step up ... then we will see ... but by then Droid will come out with their next "iPhone killer" as well ... so it will always be ... PREFERENCE ... bottom line.

Sometimes you feel like a NUT ... sometimes you DON'T ... lol

Peace

Search tags for this page

droid 3 vs droid bionic vs iphone 4s